A selection of the best luxury hotels in Kraków, Poland. A selection by Laura Becker
Surrounded by Kraków’s Old Town, the 5-star Hotel Copernicus is housed in a Renaissance building and boasts beautiful, historic interiors with a sauna, pool and marble-clad bathrooms. Every room is equipped with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and complimentary mineral water and newspapers. Wooden ceilings and 14th-century decorations add to the luxurious ambiance. Guests can take in the panoramic views of Wawel from the terrace and enjoy seasonal Polish cuisine at the award-winning restaurant. Staff at the 24-hour front desk can provide dry cleaning and laundry services, as well as arrange massage treatments in the on-site spa. Hotel Copernicus is a 3-minute walk from the Wawel Royal Castle, a 7-minute walk from the Main Market Square and a 10-minute walk from Kazimierz Jewish District.
Rooms: 29 Stars: 5
Hotel H15 Luxury Palace offers luxury 5-star accommodation in Kraków, just 100 metres from St. Florian’s Gate. It features concierge services, non-smoking rooms, a garden, free WiFi, a bar, a restaurant, a fitness centre, an indoor pool, a sauna and air-conditioned rooms with a desk, a coffee machine, a minibar, a safety deposit box, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower. Guests can enjoy a buffet or à la carte breakfast, and the hotel provides room service and organises tours. Popular nearby attractions include Krakow Central Railway Station, Lost Souls Alley and St. Mary’s Basilica, while John Paul II International Kraków–Balice Airport is 17 km away. Opened in June 2020, Hotel H15 Luxury Palace is the perfect place to experience a luxurious stay.
Rooms: 70 Stars: 5
For a luxury stay in Kraków, The Loft All-Inclusive Hotel Adults Only is a boutique hotel that offers guests access to a restaurant, air-conditioned rooms with a city view, a flat-screen TV, private bathroom with a shower and free toiletries, complimentary sparkling wine, a hot tub on the rooftop, a sauna, a coffee machine, tea making facilities, a safety deposit box, 24-hour reception, and English and Polish speaking staff. Located in the Old Town district and less than 1 km from St. Mary’s Basilica, the hotel is also 1.1 km from St. Florian’s Gate and 25 km from John Paul II International Kraków–Balice Airport.
Rooms: 28 Stars: 4
Hotel Stary is an exquisite boutique hotel located right in the heart of Kraków’s Old Town. With its seasonal Sky Bar offering a breathtaking view of the Main Market and the Old Town, guests can enjoy a luxurious stay. The hotel’s facilities include a spa with sauna, gym, steam bath and two swimming pools with swim jets. All air-conditioned rooms and suites are equipped with a plasma TV, satellite channels and a private bathroom with a bathtub and shower. Some rooms also have balconies. Guests can enjoy complimentary internet, mineral water, newspapers and a traditional Polish breakfast. The hotel’s Trzy Rybki restaurant serves traditional Polish dishes, and a bar, café and club are also available. Hotel Stary is conveniently located near Wawel Castle, Kazimierz, Kraków Główny Train Station and Galeria Krakowska shopping centre.
Rooms: 78 Stars: 5
Experience the height of luxury at Hotel Pod Różą, a 5-star boutique hotel located in the heart of Kraków’s Old Town. This recently renovated Renaissance palace has been welcoming guests since the 17th century, and offers elegantly decorated rooms with luxurious bathrooms and Italian fittings. Enjoy free Wi-Fi, LCD TVs with satellite channels, and access to the Wellness & Spa. Enjoy a continental breakfast at the hotel restaurant, specialising in traditional Polish dishes. With the Wawel Royal Castle and the famous Jewish district Kazimierz just a short walk away, Hotel Pod Różą is the perfect place to stay in Kraków.
Rooms: 56 Stars: 5
Located in the vibrant district of Kraków, PURO Kraków Kazimierz offers a range of facilities and services to ensure a comfortable stay. Guests can rent a bike free of charge, make use of the fitness centre and terrace, or relax in the shared lounge, bar and on-site dining. The hotel also features a sauna*, 2 external terraces and a garden. Each room comes with a desk, private bathroom, flat-screen TV, air conditioning and fridge. Guests can also enjoy a breakfast, MAK bread & coffee place, Halicka restaurant and Prisma SPA. Galeria Kazimierz is 300 metres away, while Schindler Factory Museum is 900 metres away. Wawel Royal Castle is 1.1 km away and Krakow – Balice Airport is 11 km away.
Rooms: 228 Stars: 4
Bonerowski Palace, a boutique hotel on Kraków’s Main Market Square, offers guests the ultimate in luxury. Spacious rooms and apartments feature a seating area and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, while free mineral water and access to wet and dry sauna are also provided. In the morning, enjoy a hot and cold breakfast buffet. The Amalia Brasserie serves modern Polish and French dishes, and there is an outdoor garden from which to admire the Market Square. For special occasions, the Royal and Ducal Hall offer meeting facilities and piano concerts. With parking 500 metres away and the station only 900 metres away, Bonerowski Palace is the perfect stay for those looking for a luxurious experience in the heart of Kraków.
Rooms: 16 Stars: 5
Best areas to find hotels in Kraków, Poland
Kraków, Poland is a vibrant and historic city full of culture and attractions. With so many places to stay, it can be difficult to decide which area to search for a hotel. Here are some of the best areas to search for a hotel in Kraków:
1. Old Town: Kraków’s Old Town is one of the most popular areas for tourists and locals alike. Here, visitors can explore the cobblestone streets and admire the stunning architecture. Hotels in the Old Town offer easy access to some of the city’s most popular attractions including the Wawel Castle, Market Square and St. Mary’s Basilica.
2. Kazimierz: The Jewish quarter of Kraków is a popular area for visitors to stay. Here, visitors can explore the Jewish culture of the past and present, as well as indulge in the vibrant nightlife. Hotels in Kazimierz offer easy access to the Old Synagogue, Remuh Synagogue and Galicia Jewish Museum.
3. Podgórze: This area of Kraków is known for its vibrant culture and bustling nightlife. Hotels in Podgórze offer easy access to the Kazimierz area, as well as the Jewish Ghetto of Podgórze. Guests staying in this area can also explore the Podgórze district, which is full of interesting attractions such as the Schindler’s Factory and Galeria Krakowska.
4. Wieliczka: Wieliczka is a charming town located outside of Kraków. Here, visitors can explore the breathtaking Wieliczka Salt Mine, as well as the medieval Castle of Wieliczka. Hotels in this area offer easy access to the nearby attractions, as well as the stunning countryside.
5. Zabłocie: Zabłocie is a popular area for visitors to stay in Kraków. Here, guests can explore the former Jewish ghetto and visit some of the city’s most interesting attractions, such as the Oskar Schindler Factory Museum and the Schindler’s Factory. Hotels in this area offer easy access to the nearby attractions, as well as the vibrant nightlife of the city.
These are just a few of the best areas to search for a hotel in Kraków. Each area offers something unique, and visitors can choose the area that best suits their needs. No matter which area you choose to stay in, you are sure to have a wonderful time in Kraków.