A selection of the best luxury hotels in South Carolina, USA. A selection by Laura Becker
Situated on the May River, less than 34 minutes from Savannah and Hilton Head Island, Montage Palmetto Bluff offers an opulent escape. All rooms boast a 55-inch flat-screen cable TV, free WiFi, a refrigerator, and a DVD player, while select rooms feature a private patio and a fireplace. In addition, guests can enjoy three outdoor pools, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, and movement studio. For those looking to explore, concierge services are available to book kayaking, yachting, and horseback rides. A full spa is also on the property. A variety of onsite dining options, such as Jessamine Restaurant, Octagon Bar & Lounge, Fore and Aft, Canoe Club, and Buffalo’s, are available, as well as private and in-room dining.
Rooms: 200 Stars: 5
Experience the luxury of the Wentworth Mansion, an 1886 hotel in Charleston, SC. With a full-service spa, free Wi-Fi, whirlpool tubs, and a daily southern breakfast, this hotel is the perfect place to stay. Enjoy an afternoon reception with complimentary snacks and drinks, or take advantage of the 24-hour concierge service. Each room is equipped with a CD/DVD player, refrigerator with free drinks, a robe, and an in-room safe. Located minutes from the Medical University of South Carolina, this hotel is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the beauty of Charleston.
Rooms: 21 Stars: 5
Experience the epitome of luxury on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina at the exclusive Inn at Harbour Town. This sophisticated resort combines the best of Scottish heritage with unique English-style hospitality, all within steps of the beach and a few minutes walk from Harbour Town. Enjoy close proximity to numerous golf courses, two swimming pools, and a full-service spa. Spacious guestrooms are expertly appointed with custom furnishings, marble soaking tubs, and 24-hour butler service, ensuring a comfortable and memorable stay.
Rooms: 60 Stars: 5
Best areas to find hotels in South Carolina, USA
1. Myrtle Beach: Located on the Grand Strand in South Carolina, Myrtle Beach is one of the state’s most popular beach destinations. With a seemingly endless stretch of white sandy beaches, Myrtle Beach is a great spot to relax and recharge. The area is also home to a variety of attractions, from water parks to golf courses to amusement parks. When it comes to hotels, there are plenty of options to choose from. Popular choices include the Marriott Myrtle Beach Resort, Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, and Holiday Inn at the Pavilion.
2. Charleston: Charleston is the oldest and largest city in South Carolina and is known for its Southern charm and hospitality. The city offers a mix of culture, history, and modern attractions. When it comes to hotels, the area has a great variety to choose from. Popular choices include the French Quarter Inn, Belmond Charleston Place, and the Spectator Hotel.
3. Hilton Head Island: Located on the coast of South Carolina, Hilton Head Island is a popular destination for beachgoers and golfers alike. The area is known for its beautiful beaches and its world-renowned golf courses. When it comes to hotels, there are plenty of options to choose from. Popular choices include the Marriott’s Grand Ocean Resort, Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island, and The Sea Pines Resort.
4. Greenville: Located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Greenville is a vibrant and growing city. The area is known for its vibrant arts community and its proximity to the Great Smoky Mountains. When it comes to hotels, there are plenty of options to choose from. Popular choices include the Hyatt Regency Greenville, the Courtyard by Marriott Greenville, and the Westin Poinsett Greenville.
5. Columbia: Columbia is the capital of South Carolina and is known for its rich history and diverse culture. The city is home to a variety of attractions, from the University of South Carolina to the Riverbanks Zoo and Garden. When it comes to hotels, there are plenty of options to choose from. Popular choices include the Hilton Columbia Center, the Sheraton Columbia Downtown, and the Columbia Marriott.