A selection of the best luxury hotels in Sligo, Ireland. A selection by Laura Becker
Enjoy stunning views of Mount Knocknarea while staying at the Strandhill Lodge and Suites, just 10 minutes away from the sandy beaches and 1 mile from Sligo Airport. The spacious, modern rooms come equipped with a flat-screen satellite TV with a DVD player, work desk, minibar, ironing equipment, hairdryer, and tea/coffee-making facilities. Take in the local culture at the nearby pubs and restaurants, offering traditional Irish and international cuisine, local ales and freshly caught fish specials. Relax at the Voya Seaweed Baths and Spa, only 10 minutes away, and take advantage of the fantastic surfing opportunities available on the beach. For golfers, the Strandhill Golf Club is just 500 metres away. Free parking is available.
Rooms: 22 Stars: 4
Just 5 minutes from the centre of Sligo, Clayton Hotel & Leisure Club provides luxurious amenities for the perfect stay. Free WiFi can be enjoyed throughout the property. Rooms are equipped with flat-screen TVs, hair dryers, and tea/coffee facilities. The Club Vitae Health and Fitness Club features brand new Precor equipment and a variety of fitness classes. There’s also a sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, and a children’s pool. Sinergie Restaurant serves European, Indian, and Asian-inspired dishes, while Bulben’s Bar & Bistro offers freshly prepared food, cocktails, and international beers. Enjoy views of Benbulben Mountain, and explore the Atlantic coast. Sligo bus/train station is a 10-minute drive away.
Rooms: 162 Stars: 4
The Glasshouse, one of Sligo’s premier luxury hotels, is situated right on the banks of the Garravogue River in the heart of the city. It’s renowned for its stunning design and spacious rooms, as well as its award-winning Kitchen restaurant, which serves full Irish breakfasts, an extensive lunch menu and a creative evening á la carte menu. The View Bar, with its Manhattan-style decor and floor-to-ceiling windows, overlooks the river and provides a luxurious setting. Every room includes a 26-inch LCD TV with internet access and an entertainment menu, a private bathroom with a hairdryer, and individual climate control, along with complimentary tea and coffee. O’Connell Street, Sligo’s main thoroughfare, is just a two-minute walk away, and the WB Yeats memorial building is only a few steps further. Sligo Station is less than 10 minutes from the hotel, and the Hawks Well Theatre is a###FINA.
Rooms: 116 Stars: 4
The Sligo Southern Hotel is the perfect spot for a city break. Located in the heart of Sligo, it’s just a short walk from the Yeats Memorial Building, the Cathedral of Immaculate Conception, and the Sligo Train and Bus Station. You can expect all the amenities of a top-class hotel, including free parking, free WiFi, a restaurant, a leisure centre with a pool and gym, and air-conditioned rooms with TVs, radios, and tea/coffee-making facilities. The restaurant offers a delicious selection of local cuisine, and the bar offers a relaxed atmosphere with open fires. With so much to offer, the Sligo Southern Hotel is the ideal place for an unforgettable stay.
Rooms: 94 Stars: 4
Best areas to find hotels in Sligo, Ireland
Sligo is a beautiful Irish city located on the Northwest Coast of Ireland. It is known for its stunning landscapes and rich history, which makes it a popular destination for tourists from all over the world. If you are planning a trip to Sligo, one of the most important decisions you will have to make is where to stay. With so many areas to choose from, the task of finding the best area to search for a hotel in Sligo can seem daunting. To make the process easier, here are some of the best areas to look for a hotel in Sligo, Ireland.
1. Sligo City Centre: Sligo City Centre is the perfect place to stay if you want to be in the heart of the action. This area has a great selection of hotels, ranging from budget to luxury. You will find plenty of cafes, restaurants, bars and shops in the city centre, as well as many attractions such as Sligo Abbey, the Model Arts and Niland Gallery, and the Yeats Memorial Building.
2. Sligo Bay: If you’re looking for a more peaceful stay, Sligo Bay is the perfect spot. This area has some of the best beaches in Ireland, as well as a great selection of hotels to choose from. You can also enjoy a variety of activities such as sailing, fishing, and whale watching.
3. Strandhill: Strandhill is a popular beach town located just outside of Sligo City Centre. It is known for its surfing and other watersports, as well as its stunning scenery. There are plenty of hotels in Strandhill, ranging from beachfront resorts to more budget-friendly options.
4. Rosses Point: Rosses Point is a picturesque village located just a few miles from Sligo City Centre. This area is perfect if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy some peace and quiet. There are plenty of hotels in Rosses Point, and you can also enjoy some great views of the bay.
5. Ballysadare: Ballysadare is a small village located just a few miles from Sligo City Centre. This area is known for its stunning scenery and tranquil atmosphere, making it the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway. There are a number of hotels located in Ballysadare, and you can also enjoy some great views of the bay.
No matter which area of Sligo you choose to stay in, you are sure to find a great hotel to suit your needs. Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly option or a luxury resort, there is something for everyone in Sligo.