A selection of the best luxury hotels in Seoul, South Korea. A selection by Laura Becker
Just steps from Gwanghwamun Plaza, Four Seasons Hotel Seoul offers visitors a luxurious 5-star experience. Guests can enjoy commanding city views, modern and stylish rooms and suites with floor-to-ceiling windows and panoramic views of the historical city centre, state-of-the art fitness facilities, traditional Korean saunas, 5 in-house dining options, and convenient access to nearby attractions such as Gyeongbokgung Palace, Sejong Art Center, Cheonggyecheon Stream and the city hall, all within a 10-minute walk. An iPad Mini is provided to access hotel services, and guests can choose from Korean, Cantonese, Japanese, Italian or international fusion cuisine. Bar Boccalino and Charles H. offer exotic cocktails and an extensive selection of wines.
Rooms: 317 Stars: 5
Indulge in the ultimate luxury at Park Hyatt Seoul. This 5-star property offers a range of amenities, from an indoor heated pool and top-floor gym to a spa and free WiFi. Located just a minute away from Samseong Subway Station, the stylish guestrooms and suites come with floor-to-ceiling windows and city views. Enjoy a selection of international and local cuisine at the 3 restaurants, or relax with a sake and soju bar at Timber House. Business and laundry services are also available, and the 24-hour front desk can store your luggage. With its convenient location, Park Hyatt Seoul is just a 5-minute walk from COEX Seoul and 4 km from Gangnam. Gimpo Airport is 45 km away, while Incheon International Airport is 1 hour and 10 minutes away.
Rooms: 184 Stars: 5
Experience the epitome of luxury at Josun Palace, a 5-star Luxury Collection Hotel located in the prestigious Gangnam-Gu district of Seoul. Opened in May 2021, this hotel offers guests a variety of amenities such as free WiFi, access to free bikes, an indoor pool, and a bar. Enjoy a delicious meal of American, Cantonese, or Chinese cuisine at the on-site restaurant. All guest rooms are equipped with air conditioning, a safety deposit box, a flat-screen TV, and a coffee machine. The daily breakfast offers buffet, continental, or American options, and a vegetarian option is available upon request. Conveniently located, Gangnam Station is only 1.6 km away, and COEX Convention Centre is 2.7 km away. The nearest airport, Gimpo International Airport, is 24 km from the hotel.
Rooms: 94 Stars: 5
RYSE, Autograph Collection is a luxurious hotel situated in the pulsing Hongdae district, just 300 metres from Exit 9 of Hongik University Subway Station. Free WiFi and valet parking are available. Rooms are equipped with flat-screen TVs, Bluetooth speakers and safety deposit boxes. Bathrooms include rain showers, robes and complimentary toiletries. Guests can make use of the fitness centre, business centre, library and meeting rooms. At night, Side Note Club offers music and alcoholic beverages. Itaewon is 7.5 km, N Seoul Tower is 9 km and Gimpo International Airport is a 20-minute subway ride from the hotel. Incheon International Airport is 55 minutes away via Airport Railroad Line.
Rooms: 272 Stars: 4
Best areas to find hotels in Seoul, South Korea
1. Myeongdong: Myeongdong is one of the most popular areas in Seoul to stay in, offering a wide range of hotels and accommodations to suit all budgets. Myeongdong is a major shopping district, and is home to many high-end department stores, boutiques and restaurants. The area is also popular with tourists due to its close proximity to N Seoul Tower, Gyeongbokgung Palace and the National Museum of Korea.
2. Gangnam: Gangnam is another popular area in Seoul for visitors and is home to some of the city’s best shopping, nightlife and entertainment. The streets are lined with luxury stores and trendy cafes, making it the perfect place for a shopping spree. It’s also home to some of the city’s best restaurants, bars and nightclubs.
3. Hongdae: Hongdae is a vibrant area in Seoul and is popular with younger visitors. It’s a great place to stay if you’re looking for a more lively atmosphere, and is home to some of the city’s best nightlife and entertainment. You’ll also find plenty of excellent restaurants, bars and cafes in the area.
4. Itaewon: Itaewon is a great area to stay in if you’re looking for a more international atmosphere. It’s home to a large number of expats and tourists, and is a great place to find unique restaurants, bars and shops. There are also plenty of great hotels in the area.
5. Insadong: Insadong is one of the best areas to stay in if you’re looking for a more traditional experience. The area is known for its traditional architecture, tea houses and art galleries. You’ll also find plenty of great restaurants and shops in the area.
When looking for a hotel in Seoul, it’s important to consider your budget, the amenities you’re looking for and the area you want to stay in. There are plenty of great hotels in each area, so you’re sure to find one that suits your needs.