A selection of the best luxury hotels in Sao Paulo, Brazil. A selection by Laura Becker
Experience a luxurious stay at Hotel Emiliano, located on the fashionable Oscar Freire Street in São Paulo. This boutique hotel features a helipad, spa, and a chic bar serving champagne and caviar. Accommodations are adorned with elegant and modern décor, air conditioning, free WiFi, an LCD TV, and an iPod docking station. The spa offers a sauna, hot tubs, and a selection of massage and beauty treatments. Restaurante Emiliano serves contemporary Italian cuisine with personalized menus and vegan and gluten-free options. The hotel also features a champagne bar and trendy lounge bar with DJs and a vertical garden. Ibirapuera Park is just a 5-minute drive away, and Congonhas Airport is a 20-minute drive away.
Rooms: 57 Stars: 5
Canopy By Hilton Sao Paulo Jardins, a boutique hotel in Sao Paulo, opened in December 2020. Located close to attractions such as MASP Sao Paulo, Ciccillo Matarazzo Pavilion, Ibirapuera Park, Pacaembu Stadium, Copan Building, and Sao Paulo Metropolitan Cathedral, it offers a bar and a 24-hour front desk. The hotel is 6 km away from Sao Paulo/Congonhas Airport, the nearest airport. Whether you’re looking for a place to stay or just want tips on the area, the friendly staff at Canopy By Hilton Sao Paulo Jardins is ready to help.
Rooms: 98 Stars: 5
Hotel Unique, a 5-star boutique accommodation in São Paulo’s trendy Jardins area, designed by renowned architect Ruy Ohtake, offers visitors a luxurious experience with its exquisite architecture, stunning views of the city and Ibirapuera Park, along with modern furniture, a hot tub, and luxury amenities. Guests can enjoy a dip in the rooftop pool, and savor contemporary cuisine at the Skye Restaurant & Bar, with its lounge music and city views. The lobby bar, decorated with design objects, offers a variety of exotic drinks. All rooms feature air conditioning, an LCD TV, JBL speaker, minibar, and a Nespresso® coffee machine, while suites offer a spacious seating area. Free WiFi is available, and the hotel is 100% non-smoking. Hotel Unique is one of the best luxury hotels in São Paulo.
Rooms: 94 Stars: 5
Rosewood São Paulo is a luxurious destination set to open in August 2021. At the heart of this stylish, mixed-use space lies a historical landmark, the Maternity building, which has been revitalized and complemented with a striking new vertical garden tower designed by Jean Nouvel with interiors by Philippe Starck. Here, guests can enjoy a range of activities, from dining, to a jazz club and leisure amenities such as a fitness center and two outdoor pools. Accommodations are carefully designed to express the essence of Brazilian elegance, complete with Votary vegan toiletries, Italian linen by Trousseau, 43-inch screen build-in mirror TV with Chromecast, complimentary WiFi and a selection of tea and coffee.
Rooms: 46 Stars: 5
Experience the height of luxury at InterContinental São Paulo. This 5-star hotel is just a block away from the financial and commercial area of the city, Avenida Paulista. Enjoy the hotel’s outdoor pool, 24-hour fitness center, business center and free Wi-Fi throughout. All rooms offer air conditioning, cable TV, work desk, minibar and private bathroom. Enjoy local and international cuisine at Tarsila Restaurant, or a drink at Godet Bar. Other facilities include airport transfer, valet parking, concierge desk and laundry/ironing services. On weekends, take advantage of Paulista Avenue, closed off to traffic on Sundays. Nearby attractions include Trianon Park, MASP, Shopping Cidade São Paulo, Ibirapuera Park and Oscar Freire Street. Congonhas Airport is 8.5 km away and Guarulhos International Airport is 28 km away.
Rooms: 195 Stars: 5
Tivoli Mofarrej São Paulo is an opulent 5-star hotel located in the heart of São Paulo’s Jardins neighbourhood. It is a member of The Leading Hotels of the World and offers a range of luxurious amenities, such as a Thailand-themed spa, 2 gastronomic restaurants, a stylish bar and an outdoor pool. The suites feature contemporary décor, with orchid arrangements, and some offer panoramic city views. Guests can savour a rich buffet breakfast, crafted cocktails from Brazil’s best bartender, and live music in the evenings. The hotel is close to attractions, including Paulista Avenue, MASP and shopping malls, as well as Congonhas and Guarulhos airports. Enjoy the ultimate city experience with Tivoli Mofarrej São Paulo.
Rooms: 218 Stars: 5
Best areas to find hotels in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo is the largest city in Brazil, and it has numerous areas that offer a wide range of hotels to suit any traveler’s needs. Whether you’re looking for a luxury stay, a budget-friendly option, or something in between, Sao Paulo has plenty of options to choose from. Here are some of the best areas to search for a hotel in Sao Paulo:
1. Jardins: Located in the heart of the city, Jardins is home to some of the most luxurious and high-end hotels in the city. This area is known for its chic boutiques, cafes, and bars, making it the ideal spot for those looking for a luxurious stay.
2. Centro: Centro is the city’s financial district, but it’s also home to some of the city’s most affordable hotels. This area is within walking distance to a variety of attractions, making it a great choice for budget-minded travelers.
3. Vila Madalena: Vila Madalena is one of the trendiest and most vibrant areas in the city. It’s home to a variety of boutique hotels, as well as some of the city’s best restaurants, bars, and clubs.
4. Itaim Bibi: Itaim Bibi is a popular area for business travelers due to its proximity to the city’s convention center. This area is also home to some of the city’s most modern and luxurious hotels.
5. Avenida Paulista: Located in the heart of the city, Avenida Paulista is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Sao Paulo. This area is home to some of the city’s best shopping, dining, and entertainment, as well as a variety of hotels.
6. Vila Mariana: Vila Mariana is a great area for those looking for a more laid-back stay. This area is home to a variety of budget-friendly hotels, as well as some of the city’s best parks and museums.
7. Moema: Moema is a great area for travelers looking for a more upscale stay. This area is home to some of the city’s most luxurious hotels, as well as a variety of upscale restaurants and shops.
No matter what kind of hotel you’re looking for, you’ll be sure to find something in one of these seven areas of Sao Paulo. From luxury stays to budget-friendly options, Sao Paulo has something for everyone.