A selection of the best luxury hotels in Prague, Czech Republic. A selection by Laura Becker
Experience the charm of Prague’s 16th century architecture while staying in the luxurious MOOo by the Castle apartment hotel. Guests can enjoy free WiFi and concierge services in their fully-equipped, modern apartments. Soak up the city’s vibrant atmosphere with the nearby Prague Castle just 400 metres away, and Charles Bridge and Old Town Square only 900 and 1.6 kilometres away respectively. Vaclav Havel Prague Airport is only 10 kilometres away and airport transfers can be provided upon request.
Rooms: 13 Stars: 4
This 5-star hotel, built in 1904, immerses its guests in a luxurious atmosphere of Art Nouveau and Neo-Gothic style. Situated near the iconic Municipal House and the Powder Tower, it offers free access to its wellness centre and Wi-Fi in all areas. The elegant rooms and suites are decorated with replicas of original Art Nouveau furniture, flat-screen satellite TV, minibar and air conditioning, as well as tiled bathrooms with underfloor heating, hairdryers and toiletries. Dining options include Restaurant NOE with French and international delicacies, and Tony’s Café & Bar, a 1920s-style café and bar with desserts, wines, champagnes, cocktails, and bar snacks. The wellness centre features a massage shower, jacuzzi, sauna, steam bath, gym, and Thai Massages.
Rooms: 86 Stars: 5
Stay in the lap of luxury at the Alchymist Grand Hotel and Spa – Preferred Hotels & Resorts, just a 5-minute walk away from Charles Bridge in the heart of Prague’s historical centre. This boutique hotel offers guests a complimentary welcome drink, as well as 24-hour reception and free WiFi. Explore the 16th century UNESCO-protected Baroque landmark “House at the Infant Jesus” and its 11th century Ecsotica Spa and Health Club, offering free access to its fitness, sauna, and pool facilities. Start your day with a delicious breakfast, and end it with complimentary evening turn-down service and chocolate pralines.
Rooms: 46 Stars: 5
Pytloun Boutique Hotel Prague offers a unique experience in the heart of Prague. Located on Wenceslas Square, guests can enjoy modern design rooms with individually controlled air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, free coffee and tea making facilities, and LED lighting. The bathrooms come with an automatic toilet, bathtub, toiletries, scales and a hair dryer. Some rooms have a terrace or balcony. For breakfast, enjoy a buffet in the ground floor restaurant with views of Wenceslas Square. The restaurant also features modern experiential gastronomy in the form of tapas and a selection of Czech and foreign wines. Nearby attractions include the tram and metro stops just 100 meters away, the main train station a 10-minute walk away, the historic city centre 750 meters away, and Charles Bridge 1 km away.
Rooms: 54 Stars: 4
The Imperial Hotel is an impressive Art-Déco building in the centre of Prague, renowned for its luxurious décor and amenities. With precious mosaics, hand-painted tiles, free fitness and spa facilities, and a sauna and steam bath, it’s one of the best luxury hotels in the city. Located just 10 minutes from Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square, it’s also close to the metro station Namesti republiky (line B) and the Prague Main Train Station. Guests can enjoy the comfort of their room with laptop-size safe, 2 phone lines, flat-screen satellite TV, films on demand, marble bathrooms with heated floors, and free WiFi. And the famous Café Imperial on the ground floor serves an array of Czech specialities and international cuisine.
Rooms: 126 Stars: 5
For a luxurious stay in the heart of Prague, Augustine Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, is the perfect choice. This historic 13th century Augustinian St. Thomas Monastery combines modern amenities with old-world charm, providing guests with spacious rooms and suites with stunning views of Prague, the adjacent monastery church and the Prague Castle. Exclusive tours of the Church’s private library can be arranged. Augustine Hotel’s spa offers a range of treatments and a fully-equipped gym. Enjoy the Augustine Restaurant’s seasonal dishes and the hotel’s own St. Thomas Beer, or visit the Refectory 1887 Bar and the St. Thomas Brewery. Charles Bridge and Prague Castle are just a 5-minute walk away.
Rooms: 101 Stars: 5
For those looking to explore the city, the hotel is ideally located at the heart of the Old Town, surrounded by an abundance of historic attractions and restaurants. This is one of the best luxury hotels in Prague, with its unique blend of historical charm and modern amenities, it is the perfect choice for an unforgettable stay in the city.
Rooms: 48 Stars: 5
Located in the vibrant centre of Prague, Buddha-Bar Hotel offers guests a luxurious and unique stay. Close to the historic Old Town Square and chic Parizska shopping street, the hotel boasts a spa centre with hot tub, sauna and massage services. Its restaurant offers an exquisite culinary experience, while the stylish rooms provide all the necessary amenities, including free wireless internet. Enjoy the ultimate in atmosphere, personalised services and “eatertainment” for a truly unforgettable stay. The Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague is the perfect destination for those seeking a luxurious and unique stay in the Czech capital.
Rooms: 38 Stars: 5
Experience Prague in style at MOSAIC HOUSE Design Hotel. Located in a prime spot, this boutique hotel offers air-conditioned rooms, free bikes, free WiFi, a garden and a bar. Enjoy Asian cuisine at the restaurant or a buffet breakfast. Each room is equipped with a desk, flat-screen TV, private bathroom, bed linen and towels. Some rooms have terraces and city views, as well as a coffee machine and kettle. The 24-hour front desk speaks Czech, German and English and the friendly staff is always on hand to assist. Nearby attractions include Charles Bridge, Prague Astronomical Clock, Old Town Square and Vysehrad Castle. Vaclav Havel Prague Airport is 13 km away.
Rooms: 94 Stars: 4
Best areas to find hotels in Prague, Czech Republic
1. Old Town: Located in the heart of Prague, the Old Town is a great place to start your search for a hotel. This area of the city is home to some of the most beautiful and historic buildings, as well as an array of shops, restaurants, and cafes. You can find a range of accommodation options here, including luxury hotels, budget-friendly hostels, and everything in between. The area is also well-connected to the rest of the city by public transportation, making it easy to explore the other attractions Prague has to offer.
2. Malá Strana (Lesser Town): For a more peaceful stay in Prague, head to Malá Strana, or the Lesser Town. This neighborhood is located close to the Old Town and is known for its picturesque cobblestone streets and stunning Baroque architecture. It’s a great option for those looking for a more relaxed atmosphere. Here, you can find a range of accommodation options, from budget-friendly hostels to luxurious five-star hotels.
3. Vyšehrad: Vyšehrad is a castle located just south of the city center, and it’s a great place to find a hotel. The area is known for its stunning views of the Vltava River and Prague Castle. It’s also home to a range of restaurants, bars, and cafes, so you won’t be short of entertainment options. Accommodation options in this area include budget-friendly hostels and luxurious hotels.
4. Vinohrady: Vinohrady is a great area to find a hotel in Prague. This neighborhood is known for its lively atmosphere and its abundance of parks, restaurants, and shops. It’s also home to some of the city’s most popular cultural attractions, such as the National Museum and the National Theatre. Accommodation options in this area range from budget-friendly hostels to luxurious five-star hotels.
5. Holešovice: Holešovice is a great area to find a hotel in Prague. This neighborhood is known for its vibrant atmosphere and its abundance of parks, restaurants, and shops. It’s also home to some of the city’s most popular cultural attractions, such as the National Gallery and the National Theatre. Accommodation options in this area range from budget-friendly hostels to luxurious five-star hotels.