A selection of the best five star hotels in Oxfordshire, UK. A selection by Laura Becker
The Old Parsonage Hotel is a boutique accommodation situated in a building dating back to 1660. Offering an array of amenities including 2 terraces, a residents’ garden library, a bar and restaurant, and just a 5-minute walk from the centre of Oxford, it is an ideal destination for those looking for a unique experience. All of the guest rooms feature en-suite bathrooms, desks, storage space, flat-screen TVs, air conditioning, hairdryers, and complimentary toiletries. The Parsonage Bar & Grill is open for breakfast until late, offering British classics with a modern twist, as well as a private dining room which can accommodate up to 20 people. The hotel is also licensed to host civil wedding ceremonies for up to 20 guests. Located 17 minutes on foot from Oxford Train Station, and just a 3-minute walk from Keble College and Somerville College, the Old Parsonage Hotel is an ideal place to stay for those visiting Oxford.
Rooms: 35 Stars: 5
Situated in the heart of Oxford, The Randolph Hotel by Graduate Hotels offers a luxurious stay with sumptuous bedrooms and a wellness centre. Free WiFi is accessible throughout the property, and each room includes high ceilings, period features, an en suite bathroom, satellite TV, mini-fridge and tea and coffee facilities. The Restaurant at the Randolph serves a variety of European dishes, while the University of Oxford Colleges, riverside and boathouses are a 15-minute walk away, and Oxford Railway Station is 0.5 miles away.
Rooms: 151 Stars: 5
The Chequers, an award-winning boutique hotel in South Oxfordshire, is the perfect destination for a luxurious stay. Located in the heart of the village of Burcot, just 7 miles from Oxford, The Chequers opened in August 2019 and offers 9 beautifully-designed en-suite rooms. All rooms are on the ground level, fully equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, Wi-Fi, kettle, Nespresso machine, toaster, iron, rainfall showers, hairdryer, and desk. Guests can enjoy a delicious meal at the hotel’s gastro pub, or order a breakfast basket for an additional fee. Secure private parking is available immediately outside the property. The Chequers is close to the towns of Oxford, Abingdon-on-Thames and Wallingford, and less than an hour from central London and Bicester Village. Experience the best of Oxfordshire at The Chequers.
Rooms: 9 Stars: 5
George street hotel, one of the best five star hotels in Oxfordshire, awaits you! Situated in the heart of Oxford, this luxury accommodation is just a stone’s throw away from the Oxford New Theatre, University of Oxford, and Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archaeology. All air-conditioned rooms come with en suite bathrooms and some boast views of the University. Benefit from the 24-hour front desk and reach Oxford rail station in a 10-minute walk. London Luton Airport is 62 km away.
Rooms: 41 Stars: 5
Best areas to find hotels in Oxfordshire, UK
Oxfordshire is a beautiful county in the south of England, full of history and stunning landscapes. Whether you are looking for a luxurious stay or a budget-friendly option, there is a range of accommodation options to suit all needs. Here are some of the best areas to search for a hotel in Oxfordshire, UK.
1. Oxford City Centre: Oxford City Centre is the hub of Oxfordshire and offers a range of accommodation options. From luxury hotels to budget friendly guesthouses, there is something for everyone. The city centre is also home to some of the most popular tourist attractions in the county, including the University of Oxford, the Ashmolean Museum, and the Oxford Castle.
2. Henley-on-Thames: Henley-on-Thames is a charming village located on the banks of the River Thames. It is a popular destination for tourists due to its rich history, beautiful scenery, and range of attractions. There are a number of hotels in the area, including luxury hotels, budget accommodation, and self-catering cottages.
3. Woodstock: Woodstock is a historic market town located in the heart of Oxfordshire. It is home to the famous Blenheim Palace, the birthplace of Winston Churchill, and a range of other attractions. The town offers a range of accommodation options, from luxury hotels to budget guesthouses.
4. The Cotswolds: The Cotswolds is a beautiful area of countryside located in the south of Oxfordshire. The area is full of picturesque villages, rolling hills, and stunning landscapes. There are a range of accommodation options in the area, from luxury hotels to budget guesthouses.
5. Abingdon: Abingdon is a historic market town located in the south of Oxfordshire. It is home to a range of attractions, including the Abingdon Abbey and the Abingdon Lock. The town offers a range of accommodation options, from luxury hotels to budget guesthouses.
No matter where you choose to stay in Oxfordshire, you are sure to find a hotel to suit your needs. Whether you are looking for luxury or budget accommodation, there are a range of options available in the area.