A selection of the best luxury hotels in Oahu, USA. A selection by Laura Becker
ESPACIO THE JEWEL OF WAIKIKI, a luxury hotel opened in July 2019, is located in Honolulu, directly in-front of Waikiki Beach. It offers a rooftop infinity pool, a full-service spa, and an exclusive fine dining experience at Mugen restaurant. Each elegant suite is adorned with Italian marble details and accents from Morocco, and features its own private entrance on its own floor, a modern kitchen with Thermador and Miele appliances, and a hot tub on a private balcony. There is also a Smart TV and each suite is fully controllable, including the ability to change room temperatures and lighting and order room service, from an iPad.
Rooms: 8 Stars: 5
Experience the height of elegance at the Halekulani, located on Waikiki Beach overlooking Diamond Head. Enjoy 3 restaurants, a live jazz lounge, a day spa and spacious lanai in each guest room. All rooms feature luxurious en suite bathrooms with plush bathrobes and premium toiletries. Enjoy fine French cuisine at the oceanfront La Mer restaurant, open daily for dinner. Free WiFI is available throughout the property. Receive a fresh fruit bowl and signature chocolates upon arrival, and a flat-screen TV is also provided. Orchids restaurant offers seafood for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and A House Without a Key restaurant offers entertainment and casual terrace dining. Unwind with a massage, facial or body therapy at The Spa Halekulani. Take a dip in the heated pool with glass tile mosaic and views of Waikiki Beach.
Rooms: 453 Stars: 5
Experience the epitome of luxury in Oahu at the Ritz-Carlton Residences Waikiki. Enjoy elegant accommodations, breathtaking views, and world-class amenities including two of the highest infinity pools in Waikiki with private cabanas, a premier fitness center, yoga room and movie theatre. The Ritz-Carlton Spa offers customized treatments that highlight the balancing elements and traditional healing methods of the islands. Indulge in a variety of dining experiences that are both creative in taste and presentation, including a sushi legend from Japan, modern French cuisine, outdoor Italian concept and a global high-end gourmet market. With 552 ocean-view rooms and suites, and 246 suites, this is the largest selection of luxury suites on the island. For business travelers, there is more than 6, 000 square feet of indoor function space available. Waikiki International Marketplace Shopping Center is just 200 metres away, and Waikiki Beach Area is 300 metres away, making it the###FINA.
Rooms: 254 Stars: 5
Enjoy a luxurious Hawaiian holiday at Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina, located on the sunny west coast of Oahu. This beachfront paradise offers elegant, unique accommodation and a range of amenities, including restaurants, bars, swimming pools and lagoons with water sports. Guests can also enjoy a game of tennis or golf and relax in the on-site spa. With free WiFi in all rooms, each one features a 65-inch flat-screen HDTV and a Four Seasons Bed with your choice of plush, signature or firm mattress topper, twice daily housekeeping, a private balcony and a deep soaking tub. Plus, 24-hour in-room dining and a fitness centre are also available. Honolulu International Airport is 30 minutes away, Ko Olina Marina and Ko Olina Golf Club are just 5 minutes’ drive away and Arizona and Battleship Missouri Memorial at Pearl Harbor are 27 minutes’ drive away.
Rooms: 370 Stars: 5
Experience paradise at Hotel Kahala on the beach in Honolulu, Oahu. This luxurious resort offers 4 restaurants, full-service spa, and free shuttle to Ala Moana Shopping Centre. Guests can relax in their elegant rooms, each boasting a 40-inch flat-screen TV and iPod docking station, plus a large bathroom with robes, deep-soaking tub, and separate shower. On-site activities include culture and wellness classes, outdoor pool, fitness centre, and saunas. Enjoy fine dining, afternoon tea, and cocktails at Plumeria Beach House, Hoku’s, Seaside Grill, The Veranda and Arancino. The Honolulu Zoo is 6 km away and Honolulu International Airport is 20 minutes away. Relax, unwind and enjoy a luxurious stay at one of Oahu’s best luxury hotels.
Rooms: 338 Stars: 5
Aston Waikiki Beach Tower is the perfect place to stay while visiting Oahu. Located just across the street from the beach, this all-suite property offers luxurious accommodation with fully-equipped kitchens. Each suite includes a balcony with views of the ocean and amenities such as a microwave, refrigerator, coffee machine, toaster, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with cable channels, DVD player, iron, safe, air conditioning and an en-suite bathroom with a shower and hairdryer. Daily housekeeping and nightly turndown service are available. Guests can take advantage of the on-site amenities such as an outdoor pool, modern recreation deck, hot tub, barbecue grills, open-air dining area, billiards, jet spa, yoga classes, and a fitness centre. The Hawaii Convention Center is only 1.6 km away and Honolulu International Airport is 16 km away.
Rooms: 140 Stars: 5
Treat yourself to a luxurious stay at ‘Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach, located in Honolulu, with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and Diamond Head. All rooms are fitted with an HD flat-screen TV and private bathroom, while suites offer a seating area for added comfort. Enjoy a variety of on-site restaurants and a bar, as well as a two-story saltwater Oceanarium in the lobby. Take a dip in the saltwater infinity pool, or relax in the hot tub or private cabanas at Swell Pool & Bar. Enjoy nightly live music and stunning views of Waikiki Beach. Visit nearby attractions, such as Saint Augustine by-the-Sea or Kuhio Beach Torch Lighting & Hula Ceremony. Honolulu Airport is 12 km away. Please note that lodging is subject to state general excise and transient accommodation taxes.
Rooms: 1003 Stars: 5
The Laylow, Autograph Collection is a modern mid-century hotel located just 5 minutes from Waikiki Beach and the Royal Hawaiian Center. Guests can enjoy spacious and comfortable rooms, with a smart TV and free WiFi. The hotel also offers a swimming pool, a restaurant, an activity desk, and nightly entertainment with complimentary shaved Hawaiian ice poolside. Located 4.8 km from Diamond Head Crater Hike, the property is just seconds away from beautiful beaches and recreational activities, as well as the International Market Place, with its array of shops, cafes, and restaurants. Honolulu International Airport is a 20-minute drive away.
Rooms: 251 Stars: 4
Experience luxury and comfort in the heart of Waikiki at Halepuna Waikiki, a boutique hotel just 2 minutes’ walk from the beach. The property, designed by acclaimed interior design firm Champalimaud, features artworks from Hawaiian artists, as well as complimentary WiFi, 50-inch flat screen TVs, TOTO washlets, specialty bath amenities, deep-soaking tubs, and USB and Bluetooth connectivity. Unwind at the 8th-floor Urban Oasis with its infinity lap pool, hot tub, pool bar and reflexology path. Guests can also access the on-site fitness studio and SpaHalekulani, plus take advantage of charging privileges at the sister hotel across the street. Enjoy all-day dining at Halekulani Bakery & Restaurant with its chocolate-viewing kitchen and outdoor seating.
Rooms: 288 Stars: 4
Best areas to find hotels in Oahu, USA
1. Waikiki: Located on the south shore of Oahu, Waikiki is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States. With its iconic beaches, world-class shopping, and abundance of dining and entertainment options, Waikiki has something for everyone. Visitors can find a wide variety of hotels in Waikiki, from budget-friendly to luxury resorts. Popular hotels in Waikiki include the Hilton Hawaiian Village, Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort, and Halekulani.
2. Ko Olina: Ko Olina is a resort area located on the western side of Oahu. It features breathtaking white-sand beaches, tranquil lagoons, and a number of luxury resorts. Popular hotels in Ko Olina include the Four Seasons Resort Oahu, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, and the Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club.
3. North Shore: The North Shore of Oahu is home to some of the world’s most famous surf spots, such as Waimea Bay and the Banzai Pipeline. Visitors can find a variety of accommodations along the North Shore, from beachfront cottages to luxury resorts. Popular hotels in the area include Turtle Bay Resort, the North Shore Inn, and the Kahala Hotel & Resort.
4. Honolulu: Honolulu is the capital and largest city of Hawaii, and it’s located on the southeast shore of Oahu. Visitors can find a wide variety of hotels in Honolulu, from budget-friendly options to luxury resorts. Popular hotels in the area include the Hilton Hawaiian Village, the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, and the Sheraton Waikiki.
5. Kailua: Kailua is a beachside town located on the Windward Coast of Oahu. It’s known for its white-sand beaches and turquoise waters, and it’s the perfect place to relax and unwind. Visitors can find a variety of hotels in Kailua, from budget-friendly options to luxury resorts. Popular hotels in the area include the Kai Lani Hotel, the Beach House at Kailua Beach, and the New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel.