A selection of the best luxury hotels in Norwich, UK. A selection by Laura Becker
This Holiday Inn Norwich North is the perfect place for a relaxed stay. With air-conditioned rooms, ample parking, a restaurant, lounge/bar, and a 13-metre pool with hot tub, steam room, sauna, and gym, you’ll have everything you need. Receive attentive, welcoming service and enjoy a delicious daily buffet breakfast in the Concorde Restaurant, as well as carvery lunch on Sundays and dinner in the evening. Stop by the lounge bar for a snack and unwind until late. The hotel is conveniently located near Norwich International Airport and 6.5 km from Norwich city centre, with Norwich Cathedral, the Theatre Royal, and Norwich City F.C (Carrow Road) even closer.
Rooms: 121 Stars: 4
The Mercure Norwich Hotel, one of the finest luxury hotels in the area, is situated just 1 mile from Norwich Airport and offers complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, a courtesy transport to and from the airport and a restaurant/bar. Its contemporary rooms boast a flat-screen TV, Nespresso coffee machine, robes and slippers and a complimentary newspaper. Just 3 miles away, Norwich city centre boasts a breathtaking cathedral, medieval streets and a castle, perfect for exploration. The Norfolk Broads, stunning Norfolk coastline and family attractions are also easily accessible, with Great Yarmouth a mere 30-minute drive away.
Rooms: 107 Stars: 4
Best areas to find hotels in Norwich, UK
Norwich is a city in the East of England, located in the county of Norfolk. It is home to a wide variety of attractions, from its ancient architecture to its vibrant nightlife, making it a popular tourist destination. When it comes to finding accommodation in Norwich, the city offers a range of options, from luxury five-star hotels to budget-friendly hostels and guesthouses. Here are some of the best areas to search for a hotel in Norwich:
1. City Centre: The city centre is one of the best places to stay in Norwich, as it offers easy access to many of the city’s attractions, including Norwich Cathedral, The Forum and the many shops, restaurants and bars in the area. There are plenty of hotels to choose from, including the contemporary Hilton Norwich Hotel, the classic The Maids Head Hotel and the modern Holiday Inn Norwich City.
2. Riverside: Norwich’s riverside area is a great option for those looking for a hotel close to the city centre but with a more relaxed atmosphere. There are a number of hotels located along the River Wensum, including the boutique Mercure Norwich Hotel and the stylish The Assembly House.
3. Golden Triangle: The Golden Triangle is an affluent area of Norwich, located close to the city centre and the University of East Anglia. It is home to a number of luxury hotels, such as the five-star Sprowston Manor Hotel and Spa, the stylish Dunston Hall and the contemporary Holiday Inn Norwich North.
4. Norwich International Airport: If you’re travelling to Norwich by plane, the area around Norwich International Airport is the ideal place to stay. There are several hotels located close to the airport, including the modern Holiday Inn Express Norwich Airport, the comfortable Best Western George Hotel and the budget-friendly Travelodge Norwich Airport.
5. Norwich Railway Station: Norwich Railway Station is located in the city centre, making it a great option for those travelling to Norwich by train. There are several hotels within walking distance of the station, including the modern Holiday Inn Norwich City Centre and the contemporary Holiday Inn Norwich.
No matter where you choose to stay in Norwich, you’re sure to find a hotel that meets your needs. With a range of accommodation options available in the city, you’re sure to find the perfect place to stay.