A selection of the best luxury hotels in Normandy, France. A selection by Laura Becker
Auberge de la Source – Hôtel de Charme, Collection Saint-Siméon is the ideal boutique hotel for your next getaway. Nestled at the edge of the forest in Barneville-la-Bertran, only 4 km from Honfleur, this hotel features charming rustic decor, free Wi-Fi, a restaurant serving up delicious Norman specialities, and an outdoor garden with fish ponds and apple trees. Relax with a massage on request or cozy up by the fireplace in the wintertime. Take advantage of free on-site parking and enjoy a tranquil escape at Auberge de la Source – Hôtel de Charme, Collection Saint-Siméon.
Rooms: 19 Stars: 4
This charming boutique hotel is situated in the heart of Rouen, next to the iconic Gros Horloge and a short 2 km from Kindarena Stadium. All air-conditioned rooms feature free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and en-suite bathrooms. Guests can take in stunning views of the Galerie d’Aumale, Place de la Pucelle, and the Temple of St Eloi. Take advantage of the on-site facilities, such as the indoor pool, fitness and spa centre, with sauna, hammam and spa treatments. Enjoy traditional cuisine and drinks at L’Aumale restaurant, or explore the local area, with Notre-Dame Cathedral and Place du Vieux Marche close by. Gare de Rouen-Rive-Droite Train Station is 1 km away and on-site parking is available by reservation.
Rooms: 78 Stars: 5
Nestled just outside Honfleur and a mere 200 metres from the Normandy coast, La Ferme Saint Simeon Spa is one of the best luxury hotels in the area. Its individually decorated guest rooms come complete with a mini-bar, LCD TV with DVD player, free Wi-Fi access, a hairdryer and slippers in the private bathrooms. Relaxation and beauty treatments are available in the hotel’s La Ferme de Bien-être spa, and guests can also unwind in the floral garden or on the terrace. Dining options at the Ferme Saint Simeon include Les Impressionnistes, a gastronomic restaurant, and La Boucane, a bistro. Guests can enjoy breakfast in the comfort of their room or in the restaurant. Electric car charging stations are also available.
Rooms: 34 Stars: 5
Manoir de Surville, a boutique hotel in Surville, offers a unique experience to its guests. With free bikes, free WiFi and a shared lounge, the hotel ensures its guests’ comfort. There is also a sauna, hammam and massage treatments in the wellness area. The hotel has modernly furnished rooms with a seating area, flat-screen TV and a desk. The private bathroom is equipped with a bath and free toiletries. Guests can enjoy a Continental breakfast every morning and savour French dishes in the in-house restaurant. Activities such as cycling and hiking can be enjoyed in and around Surville, while Rouen is 27 km away. This property also has a charging station for electric cars.
Rooms: 11 Stars: 4
Experience the ultimate in luxury at Chateau La Chenevière, an 18th century boutique hotel situated in the picturesque heart of historic Normandy. Enjoy the cosy charm and elegance of an old English manor, complete with period furniture and modern accents. Relax in the plush dining room, overlooking an English-style park, and savour the unique tastes of Normandy and an extensive wine list. Whether you want to explore the D-Day landing beaches or the town of Bayeux, Chateau La Chenevière is the perfect place to stay.
Rooms: 29 Stars: 5
Best areas to find hotels in Normandy, France
1. Caen: Located in the heart of Normandy, Caen is a great place to start your search for a hotel. This city is full of history and culture, and you’ll find plenty of attractions and activities here. There are a number of hotels in the center of Caen, including the Mercure Caen Centre Port de Plaisance, the Best Western Plus Hotel De Verdun, and the Comfort Hotel Caen Centre.
2. Rouen: Rouen is another great city in Normandy that offers many hotels. It’s known as the “City of a Hundred Spires” because of its many churches. You’ll find a number of hotels here, including the Mercure Rouen Champ de Mars, the Best Western Plus Hotel De Dieu, and the Comfort Hotel Rouen Centre.
3. Mont-Saint-Michel: One of the most famous places in Normandy, Mont-Saint-Michel is a beautiful island that is surrounded by the sea. It’s a popular tourist destination and you’ll find plenty of hotels here, such as the Mercure Mont-Saint-Michel, the Best Western Mont-Saint-Michel, and the Comfort Hotel Mont-Saint-Michel.
4. Deauville: Located on the Normandy coast, Deauville is a great place to stay if you’re looking for a beach vacation. There are a number of hotels here, including the Mercure Deauville Centre, the Best Western Hotel Deauville Beach, and the Comfort Hotel Deauville Centre.
5. Bayeux: Bayeux is a small city that is home to the famous Bayeux Tapestry. It’s a great place to stay and there are plenty of hotels here, such as the Mercure Bayeux Centre, the Best Western Bayeux, and the Comfort Hotel Bayeux Centre.
6. Honfleur: This small coastal town is a great place to stay if you’re looking for a romantic getaway. There are a number of hotels here, such as the Mercure Honfleur Centre, the Best Western Honfleur, and the Comfort Hotel Honfleur Centre.
7. Le Havre: Le Havre is a port city that is full of history and culture. There are a number of hotels here, including the Mercure Le Havre Centre, the Best Western Hotel Du Parc, and the Comfort Hotel Le Havre Centre.
No matter which city you choose, you’ll find plenty of hotels in Normandy that will meet your needs. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a beach vacation, or a city break, you’ll find the perfect place to stay in Normandy.