A selection of the best luxury hotels near Lower East Side, New York. A selection by Laura Becker
The Allen Hotel, located in the Lower East Side of New York, is a smoke-free property offering free WiFi in all its rooms. Conveniently situated 2.5 km from Ground Zero, the hotel is nearby popular attractions such as Bloomingdales, Brooklyn Bridge and One World Trade Center. Each room features a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with bath or shower and complimentary toiletries. Some rooms boast a balcony. A continental breakfast is served daily, and the hotel’s cafe includes a full bar and local coffee. Guests may utilize the business center’s fax machine and photocopier. The 24-hour front desk staff are fluent in English and Spanish and are available to provide guests with practical information about the area. The National September 11 Memorial & Museum is 3 km away, and Trinity Church is 3.9 km from the property. LaGuardia Airport is 19 km from The Allen Hotel.
Rooms: 41 Stars: 4
Located in the Lower East Side of New York, citizenM New York Bowery is a stone’s throw away from Bowery’s bustling nightlife and restaurants. It’s an 8-minute walk to Bloomingdale’s and a 20-minute walk to SoHo, Lower Manhattan and Little Italy. Rooms feature a desk, wall-to-wall windows, flat-screen TV and en-suite rain showers, as well as free WiFi and fridge. Guests can control lights, blinds, curtains, and TV/radio with the room iPad or free citizenM app. They can also stream from their own Netflix, Prime or Disney+ accounts via Chromecast. A buffet breakfast is served daily, and canteenM offers an open kitchen with baked goods, light lunches and simple dinners. There’s also a coffee bar during the day and a cocktail bar in the evening. Guests can take advantage of the fitness centre, and MENDO bookshop provides coffee table books.
Rooms: 321 Stars: 4
Experience the luxury of the Holiday Inn Lower East Side, located just 3.2 km from the World Trade Center in the heart of New York City. Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi access and on-site dining, as well as a 32-inch flat-screen TV with cable channels in every guest room. Take advantage of the business centre, with computers, printers, fax, and photocopy services. Work up a sweat in the fitness centre with cardio and weight equipment. Stroll through nearby Tompkins Square Park, or learn about the city’s history at the Tenement Museum, just 322 metres away.
Rooms: 132 Stars: 4
Experience the ultimate in luxury at the Crosby Street Hotel. Nestled in the heart of SoHo, this boutique hotel features a beautiful inner courtyard and an on-site terrace restaurant. Offering contemporary design rooms with high ceilings, full-length windows, flat-screen cable TV, DVD player and iPod docking station, it’s an ideal getaway near Lower East Side. Enjoy free Wi-Fi, work out in the 24-hour gym, relax in front of the fireplace in the drawing room or take in a film in the private theater. Enjoy gourmet items including breakfast and brunch at the Crosby Bar and Terrace, and indulge in an afternoon tea with pastries and sandwiches. Just a block from the Spring Street subway station and adjacent to the Museum of Modern Art Design, the Crosby Street Hotel is the perfect place for a luxurious stay.
Rooms: 86 Stars: 5
Best areas to find hotels in Lower East Side, New York
The Lower East Side of New York City is a vibrant and bustling neighborhood that is filled with culture, history, and plenty of entertainment. From hip bars and restaurants to trendy boutiques and art galleries, this area of the city has something for everyone. If you’re looking for a hotel in Lower East Side, here are some of the best areas to search:
1. The Bowery: The Bowery is located in the heart of the Lower East Side and is home to many of the neighborhood’s most popular bars, restaurants, and boutiques. It’s also home to some of the city’s most iconic hotels, including the Bowery Hotel, The Ludlow Hotel, and The Standard East Village.
2. Chinatown: Just south of the Bowery lies Chinatown, an area of the city that is known for its vibrant culture, cuisine, and shopping. The area is home to many of the city’s most iconic hotels, including The Mandarin Oriental and The Soho Grand.
3. East Village: The East Village is located just east of the Bowery and is one of the most vibrant and eclectic neighborhoods in the city. It’s home to some of the city’s most popular bars, restaurants, and boutiques, as well as some of the city’s most iconic hotels, including The Standard East Village and The Cooper Square Hotel.
4. Little Italy: Little Italy is located just south of Chinatown and is home to some of the city’s most authentic Italian restaurants and bars. It’s also home to some of the city’s most iconic hotels, including The Lombardi Hotel and The Marlton Hotel.
5. Lower East Side: The Lower East Side is home to some of the city’s most vibrant bars, restaurants, and boutiques, as well as some of the city’s most iconic hotels, including The Bowery Hotel, The Ludlow Hotel, and The Standard East Village.
No matter which area of the Lower East Side you choose to stay in, you’re sure to find a great hotel. Whether you’re looking for a boutique hotel, a luxury hotel, or a budget-friendly option, the Lower East Side has something for everyone.