A selection of the best luxury hotels in Munich, Germany. A selection by Laura Becker
BEYOND by Geisel – Adults only, an exquisite boutique hotel situated in front of Munich Town Hall, offers guests a luxurious experience. The residence features richly appointed bedrooms and suites with panoramic views of the Town Hall or Rindermarkt square. Each room contains an adjustable air conditioning system, a 55-inch flat-screen TV, WiFi and Bluetooth speakers, and a rain shower. For added convenience, there is an open living room that extends over two floors and a shared kitchen with a dining area. Guests can prepare their own meals or order from the in-house cook. The residence is serviced 24/7 by a welcoming host and concierge as well as a 24-hour front desk. What’s more, the nearest metro station is only a few steps away and provides direct access to Munich Airport in 36 minutes and the International Congress Center Munich in 24 minutes. For those who book the culinary package, breakfast, meals and selected drinks are included in the room rate.
Rooms: 11 Stars: 5
Experience luxury at Andaz Munich Schwabinger Tor. Located between the Olympic Stadium and the English Garden, this concept by Hyatt offers luxurious rooms and suites, with free WiFi and flat-screen TVs. Relax at the spa, fitness centre and pool area with sundecks, or take in the panoramic views from the rooftop bar. Enjoy a buffet breakfast and traditional Bavarian dishes at Lonely Broccoli, made with organic, locally sourced ingredients. The Biciletta coffee bar serves smoothies, freshly pressed juices, sandwiches, savoury snacks and pastries. Reception is open 24/7 and rental bikes are available.
Rooms: 277 Stars: 5
Experience the ultimate in luxury at the 5-star Mandarin Oriental, Munich. Located in the heart of the city’s Old Town, this hotel offers stylishly appointed rooms and suites that blend Oriental style with German charm. Guests can enjoy the renowned Japanese-Peruvian cuisine at the hotel’s Matsuhisa, Munich restaurant, as well as relax in the Lounge with its delightful afternoon tea and all-day dining. Take advantage of the hotel’s fitness centre, Turkish steam bath, Finnish sauna, and small exercise room with modern equipment. With Marienplatz Square, Maximilianstraße shopping street, the Hofbrauhaus Brewery and the Marienplatz Underground and S-Bahn Train Stations all within a 5-minute walk, you’ll be perfectly placed to explore the city.
Rooms: 73 Stars: 5
Experience luxury living in the heart of Munich at the CORTIINA Hotel. This boutique hotel offers stylishly designed rooms and suites with flat-screen TVs, Sky TV channels, DVD players, and two telephone lines with mailbox function. Free WiFi is also available. Enjoy a delicious breakfast or snack at the Grapes wine bar, or explore the nearby Viktualienmarkt market, only five minutes away. Marienplatz square is a five-minute walk away, and the airport can be easily reached in just 40 minutes via the underground and city rail. Make the CORTIINA Hotel your choice for the best in luxury living in Munich.
Rooms: 75 Stars: 4
Best areas to find hotels in Munich, Germany
Munich is an incredible city in Germany, home to a wealth of attractions, culture, and history. Whether you’re looking for a luxury stay or a budget-friendly option, you’ll find plenty of excellent hotels in Munich. From the city centre to the outskirts, there are numerous areas to stay in Munich, each with its own unique atmosphere and charm.
1. City Centre: The city centre of Munich is the ideal location for visitors who want to be close to the action. It’s the city’s central hub for shopping, dining, entertainment, and sightseeing. The area is home to some of the city’s best hotels, including the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, the modern and stylish Hilton Munich Park, and the chic and contemporary Hotel Excelsior.
2. Schwabing: Schwabing is an upmarket residential area in the north of Munich, known for its trendy cafes, bars, and restaurants. This area is perfect for visitors who want to be close to the city centre but away from the hustle and bustle. Popular hotels in the area include the elegant Hotel Excelsior, the contemporary Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski, and the classic Hotel Marienbad.
3. Schwabing-West: Schwabing-West is a popular area for visitors looking for a quieter atmosphere. Located just west of the city centre, this neighbourhood is home to some of Munich’s best parks, as well as a range of excellent restaurants and bars. Hotels in this area include the modern Hotel Gendarmenmarkt, the stylish Hotel Excelsior, and the traditional Hotel Königshof.
4. Haidhausen: Haidhausen is a vibrant and eclectic neighbourhood in the east of Munich, known for its lively bars and restaurants. This area is popular with young locals and visitors alike, and there are plenty of excellent hotels to choose from. Popular hotels in the area include the luxurious Hotel Excelsior, the contemporary Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski, and the classic Hotel Königshof.
5. Sendling: Sendling is a residential area in the south of Munich, known for its peaceful atmosphere and picturesque streets. This area is perfect for visitors looking for a more relaxed stay in Munich. Hotels in the area include the contemporary Hotel Gendarmenmarkt, the modern Hotel Excelsior, and the traditional Hotel Königshof.
No matter where you choose to stay in Munich, you’ll find a wealth of excellent hotels to choose from. From the city centre to the outskirts, there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious stay or a budget-friendly option, you’ll find plenty of excellent options in Munich.