A selection of the best five star hotels in Jakarta, Indonesia. A selection by Laura Becker
For those seeking a luxurious stay in Jakarta, Four Seasons Hotel Jakarta is the perfect choice. It is conveniently located in the city center – just a 10-minute drive to SCBD area and a 15-minute drive to Grand Indonesia Shopping Mall. Kuningan Business District is just a 10-minute drive away, and a 1-hour drive will take you to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The hotel features a variety of comfortable rooms, each equipped with air conditioning, a flat-screen TV, a coffee machine, a separate seating area, a spacious walk-in closet and a private bathroom with a bath and hot/cold shower. Guests can enjoy a range of culinary experiences, from breakfast at Palm Court Restaurant, treats from La Patisserie, quick bites at Dolcetto Cafe, lunch, dinner and cocktails at Alto Restaurant & Bar, and drinks at the Nautilus Bar.
Rooms: 125 Stars: 5
Raffles Jakarta is an exquisite luxury hotel conveniently situated in the heart of Jakarta’s bustling business district. The hotel features a unique art experience, being linked to the Ciputra Artpreneur Centre, a renowned art gallery, museum and theatre complex. The luxurious rooms boast soothing colours and warm decor, a plush sofa, marble flooring and a flat-screen cable TV with a laptop safe. An en suite bathroom, minibar and electric kettle are provided. The hotel offers 24-hour front desk service, luggage storage, concierge, laundry/dry cleaning services, a business centre, children’s playground, meeting/banqueting facilities, airport transfers, babysitting services and day trips (all for an additional fee). Other facilities include a fitness centre, an outdoor pool and tennis court, a spa and wellness centre, and several dining options. Free WiFi access is available throughout the property.
Rooms: 173 Stars: 5
Experience the ultimate in luxury at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Jakarta Pacific Place. Located in the Golden Triangle at Jalan Sudirman, this 5-star hotel features air-conditioned rooms with full-length windows, 46-inch flat-screen TVs, and en suite bathrooms. Enjoy complimentary WiFi, an outdoor pool, and Club Lounge access with breakfast, lunch, high tea and dinner. Unwind with a massage at the spa, or indulge in international cuisine, signature cocktails and an extensive wine list at PA.SO.LA Restaurant & Lounge. Business travelers will appreciate the business centre and library, while the 45-minute drive from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport makes it a convenient stay for all.
Rooms: 62 Stars: 5
Experience the height of luxury at Ashta Residence, a newly opened 5-star hotel in Jakarta. Located close to Pacific Place, the hotel offers a range of premium amenities, including concierge services, allergy-free rooms, an outdoor swimming pool, free WiFi, a fitness centre and a hot tub. Each air-conditioned room is designed for comfort, featuring a desk, a coffee machine, a safety deposit box, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with shower. Guests can also enjoy the convenience of a kitchen with fridge, oven and dishwasher in certain rooms. A daily buffet breakfast is available, with American and Asian options on offer. Ashta Residence is located close to Plaza Senayan and Selamat Datang Monument, with Halim Perdanakusuma International Airport just 11 km away. The hotel also offers a paid airport shuttle service.
Rooms: 346 Stars: 5
Best areas to find hotels in Jakarta, Indonesia
Jakarta is the capital city of Indonesia, and it is a great destination for tourists looking for a culturally rich and vibrant city. With its stunning skyline, vibrant nightlife, and unique attractions, Jakarta is an ideal destination for any traveler.
When searching for a hotel in Jakarta, there are a few areas that stand out as being particularly well-suited for visitors.
1. Central Jakarta: Central Jakarta is the commercial and business district of the city, and it is home to some of the most luxurious hotels in the city. This area is home to some of the most iconic landmarks in the city, such as the National Monument and the Istiqlal Mosque. Many of the hotels in this area also offer spectacular views of the city and the surrounding area.
2. Old Town Jakarta: Old Town Jakarta is a great area for travelers who are looking for a more traditional atmosphere. The area is filled with charming and historic buildings, and the streets are lined with small shops and restaurants. This area is also home to some of the oldest temples in the city, such as the Immanuel Church and the Great Mosque.
3. Kota Tua: Kota Tua, or Old Town, is another great area to stay in Jakarta. This area is known for its unique architecture and it is also home to some of the best museums in the city, such as the Jakarta History Museum and the Wayang Museum. Kota Tua is also home to some of the best restaurants in the city, offering a wide range of cuisines.
4. Ancol: Ancol is a great area for those looking for a beachfront hotel. This area is home to some of the best beaches in the city, including the popular Ancol Beach. This area is also home to some of the best shopping and entertainment venues in the city, such as the Ocean Dream Samudra Theme Park.
5. Kemang: Kemang is a great area for those looking for a more relaxed atmosphere. This area is home to some of the best cafes and restaurants in the city, as well as some of the best nightlife. There are also some great boutique shops in this area, offering unique items from all over the world.
No matter which area you choose to stay in, you are sure to find a great hotel in Jakarta. Each area has its own unique charm and atmosphere, and it is easy to find a hotel that fits your needs and budget.