A selection of the best and unique hotels in Indiana, USA. A selection by Laura Becker
Brickhouse Loft – a boutique hotel opened its doors in October 2020, located in Martinsville, just 48 km from Lucas Oil Stadium. The hotel offers air-conditioned rooms with a wardrobe, coffee machine, fridge, minibar, safety deposit box, flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom with a shower. All rooms come with bed linen and towels. Guests can enjoy free WiFi and free private parking. The hotel is non-smoking and is situated 33 km from Bloomington Memorial Stadium, 34 km from Indiana University, 48 km from Indianapolis Zoo, 49 km from Indiana Convention Center, and 49 km from Indiana State Museum. The nearest airport is Indianapolis International Airport, 40 km from Brickhouse Loft – a boutique hotel.
Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy the comfort and convenience of Showers Inn, a 7-minute walk from Indiana University. Each of the unique guest rooms boasts a flat-screen cable TV, free Wi-Fi, and an iPod docking station. Enjoy a hot breakfast in the formal dining room, then relax in the patio area. Other amenities include a Keurig coffeemaker, hairdryer, and toiletries in the private bathroom. Get to Memorial Stadium for a football game in just 4 minutes. Indianapolis is 50 miles away.
Rooms: 12 Stars: 4
Mill Creek Gardens Bed and Breakfast in Winamac, Indiana offers unique amenities and accommodations with free WiFi, free bike rentals, a garden, terrace, private bathrooms with showers, air conditioning, flat-screen TVs, refrigerators, a breakfast buffet, à la carte options, a microwave, and a coffee machine. The South Bend Regional Airport is 93 km away.
Experience the charm of Logansport at Inntiquity, A Country Inn. This cozy bed and breakfast offers free WiFi, air conditioning, and access to a beautiful garden with a terrace. Enjoy a relaxing stay in one of the well-appointed rooms with a flat-screen TV, private bathroom with complimentary toiletries, hairdryer, and shower. Towels and bed linen are available for an additional charge. Start your days with a delicious American breakfast and spend your afternoons exploring the nearby attractions. Don’t forget to take advantage of the onsite barbecue. The Marion Municipal Airport is only 80 km away.
Experience a unique stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison Historic Eagle Cotton Mill, a newly opened hotel in Madison, Indiana. Just 25 km from General Butler State Park, the hotel offers rooms with a desk and flat-screen TV, as well as a fitness centre, free parking, bar, sun terrace, and 24-hour front desk. Enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet, continental or American options daily. Louisville International Airport is 88 km away. Find your perfect getaway at one of Indiana’s best hotels.
Hotel Broad Ripple is a bed and breakfast located in Indianapolis with a plethora of amenities. Rooms offer a balcony or patio, free WiFi, flat-screen TV, and private bathroom with shower, free toiletries, hairdryer, and bathrobes. Guests can explore the area by hiking, cycling, or visiting nearby attractions, like Lucas Oil Stadium (14 km) and Indianapolis Motor Speedway (17 km). Indianapolis Regional Airport is 22 km away. Enjoy a shared lounge and bar onsite, and take in all that Indianapolis has to offer!
Experience a one-of-a-kind stay at Biddle Point, an adults-only inn located in Plymouth, Indiana. Enjoy a garden, shared lounge, and terrace. Free WiFi is available. The inn is 43 km from Bethel College and 44 km from University of Notre Dame. Start your day with a delicious breakfast with buffet, à la carte, or continental options. Visit nearby attractions such as Century Center Convention Center (39 km) and Studebaker National Museum (40 km). Non-smoking rooms offer a desk, private bathroom, shower, free toiletries, flat-screen TV, air conditioning, and patio. Bed linen and towels are provided. South Bend Regional Airport is 45 km away.
Nestle Inn, located just off Mass Ave, is the perfect place to stay for your next trip to Indianapolis. Just two miles from Lucas Oil Stadium, home of the Indianapolis Colts, this fully restored bed and breakfast features private rooms with a flat-screen TV and bathroom. Self-check in services are available for added privacy and intimacy. Enjoy delicious breakfast options at Coat Check Coffee or Henry’s Coffee Bistro, both just a few blocks away. And for an additional fee, you can take part in cooking classes at Nestle Inn. The Convention Center is 2.4 km away, and Massachusetts Avenue is just a one minute walk away. Come stay and experience all that Indianapolis has to offer from the comfort of Nestle Inn.
Rooms: 6 Stars: 3
Looking for a holiday home in the heart of Brownsburg? Look no further than the Historic Downtown Brownsburg Home w/Charm. Located just 19km from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, 27km from Lucas Oil Stadium, and 21km from the Indianapolis Museum of Art, this stunning property provides the perfect base for your vacation. Boasting a garden, air conditioning, and free private parking, this 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom holiday home is surrounded by activities such as hiking and tennis. It’s fully equipped with luxury amenities such as bed linen, towels, a flat-screen TV, and a fully-equipped kitchen. Enjoy stunning city views from the patio and terrace, and take advantage of the property’s proximity to the Indianapolis International Airport, just 19km away.
Art and Lodging, a guest house located in South Bend, is a great choice for travelers. It offers free WiFi and free parking, and is just a short distance from popular attractions, such as Notre Dame Stadium, Bethel College, Midwest Museum of American Art, Stanley Coveleski Regional Stadium, Studebaker National Museum, and Century Center Convention Center. Each room comes equipped with bed linen and towels, and the property is non-smoking. South Bend Regional Airport is just 4 km away. Enjoy your stay in South Bend, and book your stay at Art and Lodging!
Best areas to find hotels in Indiana, USA
Indiana is a great place to visit for a vacation, business trip, or weekend getaway. With its diverse landscapes, outdoor recreation, and vibrant cities, there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing stay in a rural setting, an urban adventure, or a family vacation, there are plenty of great places to stay in Indiana.
1. Indianapolis – Indianapolis is the state’s largest city and a popular destination for both business and leisure travelers. The city is home to a variety of hotels, from budget-friendly to luxury. The downtown area is full of attractions, including the Indianapolis Zoo, the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. With its many restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues, Indianapolis is a great place to stay for a weekend or longer.
2. French Lick – French Lick is a small town in southern Indiana that’s known for its historic resorts and spas. The French Lick Resort and Casino offers luxurious accommodations, fine dining, and a variety of activities. The resort is also home to the French Lick Springs Golf Course, a championship 18-hole golf course.
3. Evansville – Evansville is a city in southwestern Indiana and a popular destination for travelers. The city is home to a variety of hotels, from budget-friendly to luxury. Evansville also offers a variety of attractions, including the Mesker Park Zoo, the Evansville Museum of Arts, History and Science, and the Evansville Riverfront.
4. Fort Wayne – Fort Wayne is the second-largest city in Indiana and a great destination for travelers. The city is home to a variety of hotels, from budget-friendly to luxury. Fort Wayne is known for its vibrant downtown area, which offers plenty of attractions, including the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo, the Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory, and the Fort Wayne Museum of Art.
5. South Bend – South Bend is a city in northern Indiana and home to the University of Notre Dame. The city is full of attractions, including the Morris Performing Arts Center, the South Bend Museum of Art, and the South Bend Chocolate Company. South Bend is also home to a variety of hotels, from budget-friendly to luxury.
6. Bloomington – Bloomington is a city in south-central Indiana and home to Indiana University. The city is full of attractions, including the Indiana University Art Museum, the Wonderlab Science Museum, and the Bloomington Farmers Market. Bloomington is also home to a variety of hotels, from budget-friendly to luxury.
7. Brown County – Brown County is a rural area in southern Indiana and a great destination for outdoor enthusiasts. The area is home to a variety of hotels, from budget-friendly to luxury. The area is also full of attractions, including the Brown County State Park, the Brown County Art Gallery, and the Brown County Winery.
No matter what your travel needs are, Indiana has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing stay in a rural setting, an urban adventure, or a family vacation, there are plenty of great places to stay in Indiana. With its diverse landscapes, outdoor activities, and vibrant cities, there’s something for everyone in the Hoosier State.