A selection of the best luxury hotels in Gstaad, Switzerland. A selection by Laura Becker
Nestled in the breathtaking Swiss Alps, Ultima Gstaad provides a truly unique experience with its 3 magnificent wooden chalets. Located only a 10-minute walk from Gstaad promenade, the hotel boasts an 800 m² spa area, free WiFi, complimentary parking and more. All rooms come with a terrace or balcony with stunning views, a bronze fireplace, a walk-in wardrobe, a Nespresso machine and a bathroom with Bvlgari toiletries. The residences and presidential suite additionally feature a private entrance and a fully-equipped kitchen. During winter, guests can enjoy a variety of dining options at the on-site restaurant, which serves up gastronomic cuisine in combination with Alpine specialities and regional products, as well as 3 seasonal bars, including a shisha bar, a smokers’ lounge, the lobby bar and a health bar. The Ultima spa features an aesthetics clinic, 5 treatment rooms, a steam bath, a Finnish sauna, hot tubs, a 15-metre swimming pool and a gym. Other amenities include a cinema room and a ski room, as well as proximity to the Wispile, Eggli and Rütti-Bodmen ski lifts. Bern-Belp Airport is only 80 km away.
Rooms: 17 Stars: 5
Experience the old-world charm of the Hotel Olden in the heart of Gstaad! Relax in the elegant yet cozy rooms, savor delicious Mediterranean cuisine, and make use of free valet parking and free wireless internet. If you prefer, park your car onsite or in the hotel garage for a small fee. With a traffic-free, pedestrian-friendly zone, the Hotel Olden is a popular destination for both the jet set and locals. Enjoy!
Rooms: 12 Stars: 4
Nestled on a sun-drenched terrace with views of the Saanenland and its surrounding mountains, the Ermitage Wellness & SPA Hotel in Schönried – Gstaad is one of the best luxury hotels in the area. This boutique hotel offers a range of amenities, including a large spa area with a steam bath, several saunas and a tepidarium, as well as indoor and outdoor swimming pools and a hot tub. Each room is fitted with a seating area, minibar and balcony with panoramic views. Guests can enjoy fine Swiss cuisine in the hotel’s restaurant, or opt for the half-board option that includes breakfast, lunch, cake and coffee in the afternoon and a five-course dinner menu. For those looking to explore the area, the Horneggli Ski Lift is located 800 metres away, and guided hiking and mountain biking tours are organised on site. The Gstaad-Saanenland###FINA.
Rooms: 96 Stars: 5
Best areas to find hotels in Gstaad, Switzerland
Gstaad is a beautiful alpine village in the Bernese Oberland region of Switzerland, renowned for its stunning scenery, outdoor activities, and world-class ski resorts. With so many options for accommodation, it can be hard to decide where to stay. To help make your decision easier, here are some of the best areas to search for a hotel in Gstaad.
1. Gstaad Village: Gstaad Village is the main hub of the Gstaad area. It is home to a wide selection of hotels, ranging from traditional Swiss chalets to luxury five-star resorts. The village is also a great base for exploring the surrounding mountains, with plenty of shops, restaurants, and bars to enjoy.
2. Saanenmöser: Saanenmöser is a picturesque village situated in the heart of the Gstaad valley. It is known for its traditional Swiss architecture and stunning mountain views. There are a number of hotels to choose from here, ranging from budget options to luxury resorts.
3. Saanen: The village of Saanen is located on the eastern side of Gstaad and is known for its stunning views of the Alps. There is a wide selection of hotels to choose from here, from family-friendly options to luxurious spa resorts.
4. Zweisimmen: Zweisimmen is a charming mountain village located on the northern side of Gstaad. It is known for its traditional Swiss architecture, beautiful views, and excellent skiing. There are a number of hotels to choose from in the village, ranging from budget options to luxury resorts.
5. Schönried: Schönried is a picturesque alpine village located on the western side of Gstaad. It is known for its stunning mountain views and excellent skiing. There are a number of hotels to choose from here, ranging from traditional Swiss chalets to luxury five-star resorts.
No matter which area you decide to stay in, you are sure to find a hotel to suit your needs in Gstaad. From budget options to luxury resorts, there is something to suit all tastes and budgets.