A selection of the best luxury hotels in Granada, Spain. A selection by Laura Becker
Stay in the lap of luxury at the Palacio de los Patos, a boutique hotel set in a 19th-century palace just 650 metres from Granada Cathedral. This UNESCO-protected building boasts a garden with Arabian-style fountains and elegant, contemporary-designed rooms with original décor, air-conditioning, flat-screen satellite TV, wooden floors, a safe, minibar and a private bathroom with a hairdryer, bathrobe and slippers. Free Wi-Fi is also available. Pamper yourself with a visit to the hotel spa with its sauna, Turkish bath and relaxing whirlpool, and treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment. Enjoy healthy and fresh cuisine at the Los Patos Restaurant, or take advantage of the bar and room service. Car hire can be arranged at the 24-hour reception, and on-site parking is available at an extra charge.
Rooms: 42 Stars: 5
Enjoy a stay in Granada at Áurea Catedral by Eurostars! Located just 70m from the Granada Cathedral, 1km from the iconic Alhambra and Generalife, and within walking distance of the Royal Chapel and Plaza Nueva, this accommodation offers free WiFi, a 24-hour front desk, restaurant, terrace, and breakfast buffet. Private parking is available for a fee and Federico Garcia Lorca Granada-Jaen Airport is 16 km away. Relax in one of their comfortable rooms, each featuring a private bathroom with a bath or shower.
Rooms: 152 Stars: 4
Alhambra Palace, a luxurious boutique hotel located just outside the walls of the Alhambra, provides spectacular views of Granada and the Sierra Nevada. Boasting stylish Moorish-inspired décor, free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and an à la carte restaurant serving Mediterranean and International cuisine, this hotel is a great choice for a stay in Granada. With a 24-hour front desk and currency exchange service, as well as valet parking for a fee, you can enjoy flexibility and convenience. You can also take a 10-minute bus ride to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Albayzín, the medieval Moorish quarter, with a bus stop right outside the hotel.
Rooms: 108 Stars: 5
Vincci Albayzin is a classic-style hotel set around a traditional Andalusian courtyard. Guests can enjoy air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour reception, fitness centre, and a sauna. Satellite flat-screen TVs, minibars, and safes are provided in each room, while the marble bathrooms come with free toiletries and hairdryers. The on-site restaurant serves a mix of traditional and international cuisine. You can also find plenty of tapas bars within a 10-minute walk. Shopping enthusiasts can visit the El Corte Inglés Shopping Centre just 40 metres away. The Albayzin centre is 10 minutes away on foot, and the Alhambra Palace is just 2 km away. Granada Airport is 25 minutes away, with the airport buses stopping just 100 metres from the hotel.
Rooms: 104 Stars: 4
Experience ultimate luxury in the heart of Granada at the Hotel Palacio de Santa Paula, Autograph Collection. This stunning 14th-century Casa Morisco and 16th-century Santa Paula Convent offers air-conditioned rooms with a minibar, CD player, bathrobe and slippers. Amenities include a gym, sauna and Turkish bath, plus a restaurant and snack bar. Located on Granada’s Gran Vía, the hotel is within walking distance of the city’s cathedral, Albaicín, Sacromonte and Archaeological Museum. The Alhambra is only a 10-minute taxi ride away, and Granada Airport and Train Station are easily accessible. Enjoy a luxurious stay in one of Granada’s most iconic buildings.
Rooms: 75 Stars: 5
Located in the Puerta Real district of Granada, the Eurostars Puerta Real offers a perfect base to explore the city. Its air-conditioned rooms boast modern décor, satellite TV and minibar. Take in panoramic views from the seasonal roof terrace with bar or relax in the wellness centre with sauna, gym and turkish bath. Explore the city’s tapas bars and restaurants, just a 15-minute walk from the famous Alhambra, or take a 10-minute drive to Granada Bus Station. Shopping areas and tourist attractions such as Granada Cathedral, the Royal Chapel and the Albaycín are just 500 metres away. Free WiFi is available throughout.
Rooms: 58 Stars: 4
Marquis Hotels Issabel’s is the perfect place to stay when visiting Granada. Located in the heart of the city, this luxury hotel offers stylish rooms with views of Gran Via, a restaurant and wellness center, plus free fiber optic WiFi. Enjoy tasty dishes at La Reina Kitchenbar and organic snacks at Wild Food cafeteria. Relax with a selection of treatments at the Kintsugi wellness center. Explore the city with ease, being just a 2-minute walk to Granada Cathedral and Plaza Nueva, and the bus to Alhambra Palace leaving from outside the hotel. Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén Airport is 18 km away.
Rooms: 31 Stars: 4
Best areas to find hotels in Granada, Spain
Granada is one of Spain’s most beautiful cities, with its rich history and stunning architecture. Its location in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains means it is a great base for exploring the surrounding area, as well as being a great destination in its own right.
When planning a trip to Granada, it is important to consider the best areas to search for a hotel. Here are some of the top areas to look for a hotel in Granada:
1. Centro – This is the city center and the heart of Granada. It is the most convenient area for travelers who want to be close to all the main attractions, as well as the best restaurants and shopping. Hotels in this area tend to be a bit more expensive, but the convenience and central location make it worth it.
2. Realejo – Realejo is a charming and historic neighborhood just outside the city center. It is a great area for those looking for a more local atmosphere and it also has some great restaurants and bars. Hotels in this area tend to be more reasonably priced and offer a great location for exploring the city.
3. Albaycin – This is a UNESCO world heritage site located on the hill just above the city center. It is a great area to stay if you are looking for a unique and authentic experience, as it is full of whitewashed houses, cobbled streets and stunning views of the city. Hotels in this area tend to be more expensive, but the atmosphere and views make it worth it.
4. Sacromonte – This is the old gypsy quarter of Granada, located just outside the city center. It has a unique atmosphere and some great restaurants and bars. Hotels in this area tend to be more reasonably priced and offer a great location for exploring the city.
5. El Fargue – This is a very popular residential area located just outside the city center. It offers a more relaxed atmosphere and some great restaurants and bars. Hotels in this area tend to be more reasonably priced and offer a great location for exploring the city.
No matter which area you choose for your stay in Granada, you can be sure to find a hotel that suits your needs, budget and style. Whether you are looking for a luxurious stay in the city center, a more local atmosphere in Realejo, or a unique and authentic experience in Albaycin, you will be sure to find something to suit your needs.