A selection of the best luxury hotels in Cape Town, South Africa. A selection by Laura Becker
The Silo Hotel, a luxurious 5-star boutique hotel located 1.8 km from Mouille Point Beach in Cape Town, offers a bar, restaurant, room service, and 24-hour front desk. Guests can enjoy free WiFi throughout the property, as well as a year-round outdoor pool, fitness centre, sauna, and terrace. Each air-conditioned room features a wardrobe, kettle, minibar, safety deposit box, flat-screen TV, balcony, and private bathroom with shower. Bed linen and towels are provided, and a selection of à la carte, continental, or Full English/Irish breakfasts are available daily. Nearby attractions include Robben Island Ferry, V&A Waterfront, and CTICC. The nearest airport is Cape Town International, 21 km away, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
Rooms: 7 Stars: 5
Experience luxury in the centre of Cape Town’s vibrant V&A Waterfront at the award-winning Cape Grace Hotel. Relax in elegant rooms with private bar, flat-screen TV, iPod dock and en suite marble bathroom, with views of the yacht marina or harbour. Enjoy South African and international cuisine at the Signal Restaurant, sip fine Cape wines at the Bascule Bar, and pamper yourself with African-inspired treatments at the spa. Plus, make use of the free BMW transfer service within 10 km radius. Explore the area with a 5-minute drive to the Metropolitan Golf Club. Enjoy a luxurious stay at the Cape Grace Hotel.
Rooms: 120 Stars: 5
Experience the height of luxury at POD Camps Bay, a 5-star boutique hotel located 50 metres from the world-famous Camps Bay beachfront. Enjoy spacious air-conditioned rooms with luxury bedding, in-room media like iPod docking station, satellite TV, Netflix and DVD players, and a delicious breakfast made with fresh local ingredients. Unwind with a variety of Cape wines and cocktails at the on-site bar and take advantage of the 24-hour front desk and services including guest laundry and dry cleaning. Table Mountain is only 2.6 km away, making this the perfect place to stay.
Rooms: 17 Stars: 5
The Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa is a luxurious retreat in Sea Point, Cape Town. Guests can relax in stylish rooms with modern furniture, satellite TV and private bathrooms with double volume showers. Enjoy a complimentary warm breakfast item from the á la carte menu, as well as a breakfast buffet. Lunch and dinner can be enjoyed at the poolside or terrace, or at the restaurant. Unwind at the spa with massage treatments, a steam room, sauna and hot tub. The hotel also offers free Wi-Fi and private parking, and an airport shuttle service is available on request. With views of the mountains or the Atlantic Ocean, The Glen is just 20 km from the airport.
Rooms: 24 Stars: 5
The 5-star Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel is a luxurious retreat, boasting two solar-heated infinity pools, a fitness centre, massage and steam rooms and an in-house luxury car service. Relax in air-conditioned rooms and suites with furnished terraces, satellite flat-screen TVs, minibars and private bathrooms with bathrobes and toiletries. Enjoy complimentary refreshments, breakfasts and sunset canapés, as well as hiking trails and beachfront running and biking. Find yourself in the fashionable Camps Bay suburb, with Table Mountain nearby and only 25 minutes from Cape Town International Airport.
Rooms: 10 Stars: 5
Experience luxurious living in the stunning Constantia Valley, nestled at the foot of Table Mountain. The Cellars-Hohenort is a boutique hotel offering elegant rooms, each uniquely decorated with South African artworks. Relax in the air-conditioned space, with a seating area and smart TV, and enjoy views of the mountain or manicured gardens. Unwind at the Fresh Wellness Spa, or take a dip in one of the two pools. Enjoy dining at the award-winning restaurants, or traditional recipes at The Conservatory, built around a 300-year-old oak tree. Explore the Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden, only 4km away, or visit Cape Town city centre in 15 minutes.
Rooms: 51 Stars: 5
Perched atop a hill in the V&A Waterfront, Dock House is a chic boutique hotel with a rich history. Built in the 1800’s as a private residence for the harbour master, it has been restored to its former glory, offering guests a luxurious stay with panoramic views of the harbour. Enjoy breakfast in the morning room, a dip in the outdoor pool and a massage or treatment at the nearby wellness centre. Rooms are elegantly decorated with classic décor and feature balconies with stunning views. Guests can also take advantage of a library and free wifi, as well as a tranquil outdoor dining area and a private chef’s dinner menu. Dock House is the perfect place to relax and experience the best of Cape Town.
Rooms: 6 Stars: 5
Nestled against the majestic Twelve Apostles Mountain Range, The Marly Boutique Hotel offers panoramic vistas of Camps Bay Beach and the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel boasts stylish suites with stunning views of either the mountains or the ocean. Equipped with modern amenities, each spacious suite features a flat-screen TV, iPod docking station, DVD and CD player, and an Illy coffee machine. The Deluxe and Superior Suites also offer an outdoor shower on the balcony. Guests can enjoy a variety of meals at the seaside Surf Shack Diner or relax in the trendy private terrace bar, decorated with ocean-reflecting mirrors and sofas. For a refreshing experience, guests can take a dip in the pool or take a stroll along Camps Bay Beach. The hotel complex also houses two day spas and a hair salon. Other facilities include a 24-hour front desk, meeting and conference facilities, dry cleaning, and an ironing service. The Promenade Mall offers shops, cafes, and restaurants. Table Mountain is 4.6 km from the hotel and the famous Chapman’s Peak Drive is a 20-minute drive away. The hotel also arranges airport and shuttle services for a fee.
Rooms: 11 Stars: 5
South Beach Camps Bay is a boutique hotel situated 50 metres from the beach and the lively Promenade. It offers stylish self-catering suites that are decorated with contemporary décor and have a kitchen and a bathroom. Each suite is fitted with a satellite TV, a blu-ray player, a bluetooth sound bar, and headphones. Guests can choose from two swimming pools, one of them heated, with sundecks and a bar. There is also a fully-equipped in-house fitness centre. The hotel features complimentary high-speed WiFi, its own borehole water and an airport shuttle (for a fee). Table Mountain is 5 km away, V&A Waterfront is 9 km away, and Cape Town International Airport is 27 km away.
Rooms: 19 Stars: 5
Best areas to find hotels in Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town is a stunning city with plenty of places to stay. From luxurious beachfront resorts to cozy boutique hotels, there’s something to suit every taste and budget. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or a family holiday, you’ll find the perfect place to stay in Cape Town. Here are some of the best areas to search for a hotel in Cape Town:
1. Waterfront: The V&A Waterfront is one of Cape Town’s most popular tourist destinations. It’s home to a range of hotels, ranging from budget to luxury, and is within easy walking distance of many of the city’s top attractions. With its stunning views of Table Mountain and the harbor, this is a great spot to stay.
2. City Centre: The city centre is the heart of Cape Town and a great place to stay if you want to be close to the action. There are plenty of good hotels in the area, ranging from budget to luxury. You’ll find plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops in the area, as well as easy access to the city’s top attractions.
3. Sea Point: Sea Point is a popular beachfront area of Cape Town and a great place to stay. You’ll find plenty of mid-range and luxury hotels in the area, all with stunning views of the ocean. It’s also close to some of the city’s top attractions, including the Clifton beaches and the V&A Waterfront.
4. Green Point: Green Point is close to the city centre and is a great spot to stay if you want to be close to the action. There are plenty of good hotels in the area, ranging from budget to luxury, and it’s within easy walking distance of the V&A Waterfront and the city’s top attractions.
5. Camps Bay: Camps Bay is a stunning beachfront area of Cape Town and a great place to stay. You’ll find plenty of mid-range and luxury hotels in the area, all with stunning views of the ocean. It’s also close to some of the city’s top attractions, including the Clifton beaches and the V&A Waterfront.
6. Constantia: Constantia is a beautiful area of Cape Town and a great place to stay if you’re looking for a more tranquil setting. There are plenty of good hotels in the area, ranging from budget to luxury, and it’s within easy reach of some of the city’s top attractions.
7. Hout Bay: Hout Bay is a charming fishing village on the Atlantic coast and a great place to stay. You’ll find plenty of mid-range and luxury hotels in the area, all with stunning views of the ocean. It’s also close to some of the city’s top attractions, including the Table Mountain National Park.
No matter what kind of hotel you’re looking for, you’ll find plenty of great options in Cape Town. From luxurious beachfront resorts to cozy boutique hotels, you’ll find the perfect place to stay in this stunning city.