A selection of the best luxury hotels in Cairo, Egypt. A selection by Laura Becker
Experience the best of Cairo from the luxurious Four Seasons Hotel in Gizah. With breathtaking views of the city skyline and Pyramids, you’ll be within a stone’s throw of the Nile River. All rooms feature stylish colonial décor and panoramic views of the city or river. Enjoy the on-site spa, sauna, hot tub, and fitness center. Try your luck at the casino, or have a light snack at the Tea Lounge. Sample traditional Syrian/Lebanese cuisine poolside at Aura, or stop by La Gourmandise for a trendy brasserie experience. Additional services include room service, car rentals, and airport limousine service. Located just two minutes from the Zoological and Botanical Gardens, the Four Seasons Hotel is only 26 km from Cairo International Airport.
Rooms: 262 Stars: 5
Situated in the heart of Cairo, Steigenberger El Tahrir offers a luxurious stay with its 295 guest rooms and suites. With a total area of 21, 633 sqm, the hotel overlooks the Egyptian museum and is just minutes away from the famous Khan El Khalili Bazar. Guests can enjoy a range of amenities, including a swimming pool, gym, as well as a selection of culinary outlets. The hotel is also the perfect venue to host business trips and social events, with its banquet and meeting facilities. Steigenberger El Tahrir is the perfect place to stay for those looking to explore the many attractions of Egypt.
Rooms: 295 Stars: 4
Experience the epitome of luxury in Cairo with a stay at The St. Regis Cairo. This 5-star hotel offers a plethora of amenities, such as free bikes, private parking, a fitness centre, a terrace, an ATM, a concierge service, a sauna, hot tub, 24-hour front desk, airport transfers, room service, free WiFi, air conditioning, a seating area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a safety deposit box, private bathroom with bidet, free toiletries, a hairdryer, coffee machine, kitchen with fridge, oven and dishwasher. Rooms are also provided with bed linen and towels. Enjoy a delicious breakfast with buffet, continental or Full English/Irish options, as well as a variety of American, Italian and Pizza cuisine with vegetarian, vegan and dairy-free options. The St. Regis Cairo is conveniently located near the Egyptian Museum (3.5 km) and Cairo Tower (4.
Rooms: 39 Stars: 5
Experience luxury at its finest at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo. With its own private man-made beach, themed water park, swimming pools, volleyball court, championship golf course, kids club and spa, the 5-star resort is the ultimate destination for a luxurious getaway. The spacious rooms feature private balconies with beautiful views, while the restaurants offer a variety of cuisines, from steakhouse to sushi bar. Unwind at the cigar lounge, sports bar and cocktail bar, or pamper yourself with 30 exotic treatments offered at the Mandara Spa. Conveniently located 10 minutes’ drive from Cairo Airport and Heliopolis, the resort also provides a complimentary shuttle bus to the Cairo Festival City Mall and a complimentary airport pick-up service.
Rooms: 440 Stars: 5
For a truly luxurious stay in Cairo, look no further than the Royal Maxim Palace Kempinski. This 5-star hotel boasts an outdoor pool, palatial inspired courtyard, and modern fitness center. Pamper yourself at the Resense Spa with a variety of treatments and sessions. Every room has a flat-screen TV, seating area, and private bathroom, while select rooms have views of the pool, garden, or courtyard. Indulge in a variety of culinary delights at one of the nine restaurants and bars, or relax at the Royal Club Lounge. For special events, the Excelsior ballroom is the largest in Egypt. Cairo International Airport is just a 15-minute drive away.
Rooms: 245 Stars: 5
Best areas to find hotels in Cairo, Egypt
Cairo, Egypt is an incredible destination for travelers, offering a plethora of cultural attractions, delicious cuisine, and stunning landscapes. With so much to see and do, it can be difficult to decide where to stay during your visit. To make the decision easier, here are some of the best areas to search for a hotel in Cairo:
1. Downtown Cairo: Downtown Cairo is the heart of the city and home to some of the most famous attractions, such as the Egyptian Museum, the Cairo Citadel, and Khan el-Khalili. This area is also known for its bustling markets, shops, and restaurants. With a wide range of accommodation options, from budget to luxury, Downtown Cairo is a great place to start your search for a hotel.
2. Zamalek: Zamalek is a residential area located on an island in the Nile River. It is home to many of the city’s most upscale restaurants, bars, and clubs. This area is also known for its beautiful parks and gardens, making it a great place to relax and enjoy the city. With a variety of accommodation options, Zamalek is an excellent choice for those looking for a comfortable stay.
3. Giza: Giza is home to some of the most iconic sites in Egypt, including the Great Pyramids, the Sphinx, and the Valley of the Kings. This area is also known for its vibrant markets and many restaurants and cafes. With a wide selection of hotels, Giza is an ideal place to stay for those looking to experience the history and culture of Egypt.
4. Heliopolis: Heliopolis is a modern district located in the northeast of Cairo. It is known for its modern architecture, shopping malls, and restaurants. This area is also home to many of the city’s most luxurious hotels, making it a great place to stay for those looking for a more upscale experience.
5. Maadi: Maadi is a residential area located in the south of Cairo. It is known for its laid-back atmosphere, beautiful gardens, and many shops and restaurants. With a variety of accommodation options, Maadi is a great place to stay for those looking for a more relaxed experience.
When looking for a hotel in Cairo, it is important to consider your budget, the area you want to stay in, and the type of experience you are looking for. With a wide range of accommodation options, Cairo has something to offer everyone.