A selection of the best luxury hotels in Cádiz, Spain. A selection by Laura Becker
Opening its doors in November 2022, Hotel Cádiz Bahía boasts 4-star accommodation facing the beachfront. With its seasonal outdoor swimming pool, fitness centre and garden, it provides the perfect setting for a relaxing getaway. The hotel offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, room service, a 24-hour front desk and free WiFi throughout the property. Each air-conditioned room is equipped with a desk, safety deposit box, flat-screen TV, balcony and private bathroom with shower, as well as bed linen and towels. A buffet breakfast is available every day. Nearby attractions include La Victoria Beach, La Cortadura and Santa Maria del Mar. The nearest airport is Jerez Airport, 41 km away.
Rooms: 257 Stars: 4
Soak up the sun and sea air at the Playa Victoria hotel. Located right on Playa de la Victoria Beach, with stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, this modern hotel is 3 km from central Cádiz. Enjoy the outdoor pool and terrace, or relax in your air-conditioned room with a TV, minibar, safe, and private bathroom with hairdryer. Dine in the restaurant or enjoy room service, and hire a car from the tour desk. Plus, you’ll have access to a 24-hour reception, laundry service, and more. Jerez Airport is 43 km away.
Rooms: 188 Stars: 4
The Senator Cádiz Spa Hotel, one of the best luxury hotels in Cádiz, is located in the city’s old town near shopping centres. This hotel features a seasonal outdoor pool, spa and fitness centre, as well as free WiFi. The rooms offer seasonal air conditioning and heating, a 43” TV with Chromecast streaming device and electric kettle, and the bathroom comes with free toiletries and a hairdryer. Towels and bed linen are provided. Guests can enjoy Senzia, the hotel’s urban spa, for an extra charge, and it offers a sauna, Turkish bath, relaxation area and solarium. A 24-hour reception, snack bar, and the option for private parking and an electric vehicle charging station onsite for an extra fee are also available. The Senator Cádiz Spa Hotel is within 5 minutes’ walk of the town’s port, railway and bus stations, and even offers soccer in its hotel cafeteria for a###FINA.
Rooms: 91 Stars: 4
The Monte Puertatierra is a great choice for your stay in Cádiz. Located just 100 metres from Santa María del Mar Beach and 20 minutes’ walk from the Old Town, this hotel offers air-conditioned rooms with wooden floors, a minibar, a pillow menu, and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. You can also enjoy a buffet breakfast, made with fresh, natural products, and take advantage of the 24-hour front desk and room service. To explore the city, the Puerta de Tierra, the Cathedral, Torre Tavira, and the Gran Teatro Falla are all within walking distance, and the train station is only 15 minutes away. For added convenience, car hire and parking with direct access to the hotel are available.
Rooms: 98 Stars: 4
Experience the best of luxury in Cádiz. Located just 2.5 km from the city centre, Cádiz Paseo del Mar, Affiliated by Meliá Hotel offers modern rooms and a restaurant with Mediterranean cuisine. Enjoy free WiFi and a minibar in each room, and a 24-hour reception for your convenience. Start your day with a buffet breakfast, then take a short bus ride to explore the city. Jerez de la Frontera, Chiclana de la Frontera, and El Puerto de Santa María are all within 30 minutes of the hotel. Make Cádiz Paseo del Mar, Affiliated by Meliá Hotel your home away from home.
Rooms: 128 Stars: 4
Best areas to find hotels in Cádiz, Spain
Cádiz is a beautiful city situated on the southern coast of Spain, with stunning beaches and a rich cultural heritage. When looking for the best areas to search for a hotel in Cádiz, the following locations should be taken into consideration.
1. La Caleta: Located in the heart of the old town of Cádiz, La Caleta is the perfect spot for a beach holiday. With its sandy beaches, clear blue waters and lively atmosphere, La Caleta is the ideal destination for sun-seekers and beach lovers. Many hotels offer sea views and are within walking distance of the beach.
2. La Viña: This area is located just outside of the old town and is known for its vibrant nightlife and tapas bars. La Viña is home to some of the oldest buildings in Cádiz and is a great place to explore the city’s history. Hotels in this area are often close to bars and restaurants, making it the perfect spot for a night out.
3. El Puerto de Santa María: This port city is located just a short drive from Cádiz, and offers a more tranquil atmosphere. With its stunning beaches, quaint cobbled streets and array of tapas bars, El Puerto de Santa María is a great place to relax and enjoy the local culture. Hotels in this area are often close to the beach and offer beautiful sea views.
4. San Fernando: This lively city is located just a few miles from Cádiz and is home to some of the best beaches in the region. Here you’ll find a wide range of hotels, from luxurious resorts to budget-friendly options. San Fernando is also known for its excellent seafood restaurants, making it the perfect place to enjoy a delicious dinner.
5. Chiclana de la Frontera: This small fishing village is located just south of Cádiz and is known for its stunning beaches and traditional Spanish cuisine. Chiclana de la Frontera is a great place to relax and enjoy some of the best seafood in the region. Hotels in this area are often close to the beach and offer beautiful sea views.
Overall, Cádiz has a wide range of options for hotels, from luxurious resorts to budget-friendly options. Whether you’re looking for a beach holiday or a city break, Cádiz is sure to have something for everyone.