A selection of the best five star hotels in Arizona, USA. A selection by Laura Becker
Experience the ultimate in luxury at Four Seasons Resorts Scottsdale at Troon North. This resort, located in Scottsdale, Arizona, is just 5 minutes from Troon North Golf Club and features two outdoor swimming pools. Each of the elegant rooms and suites come with a private balcony or terrace, along with views of the desert landscape or pool. Inside, guests will be welcomed by refined wood furnishings, cream linens, red accents, and modern amenities such as flat-screen TVs and iPod docking stations. The resort also features tennis courts and concierge services to help with restaurant reservations at the three restaurants onsite. Refresh with a light meal at the poolside restaurant, Saguaro Blossom, or enjoy steakhouse cuisine at Talavera. For a more laid-back experience, Onyx Bar & Lounge offers small dishes, cocktails, beer, and wine.
Rooms: 210 Stars: 5
Experience luxury in the heart of the Sonoran Desert at JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort. Our hotel is located only 30 km from downtown Scottsdale and features two golf courses, five restaurants, five swimming pools, a spa with a lap pool, a fitness center, and free WiFi in public areas. Our air-conditioned guestrooms come with scenic views, a seating area, cable TV, coffee maker, minibar, and some with balconies. Enjoy nearby activities like biking, miniature golf, and hiking, or visit Arizona State University-Tempe campus, just 37.6 km away. Make the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort your ultimate desert getaway.
Rooms: 950 Stars: 5
Discover the ultimate in luxury at the Ritz-Carlton Dove Mountain, one of Arizona’s finest five-star resorts. Just 24 miles from downtown Tucson, it offers spectacular mountain and canyon views, a 235-foot waterslide, a 27-hole championship golf course, and a full-service spa. All accommodations feature air-conditioning, balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, and a 42-inch flat-screen TV. Dining options include Southwestern specialties, organic cuisine, and a Wine Bar. Plus, stay active with the tennis court, gym, and hiking/biking trails. For ultimate relaxation, indulge in therapy baths, steam room, and body treatments at the spa. Tucson International Airport is a short 32-mile drive away.
Rooms: 253 Stars: 5
Experience the ultimate in luxury at the Arizona Biltmore, one of the best five star resorts in the state. Nestled in 39 acres of tranquil gardens, this resort and spa offers a host of amenities and facilities, from 8 pools to 2 18-hole golf courses. Pamper yourself with a selection of on-site salon services, or take advantage of the fitness centre. Unwind in your stylish room, complete with a flat-screen TV, private bathroom, and select rooms with a patio or balcony, or full kitchen. Savour delicious cuisine at the 5 restaurants, or explore nearby attractions such as the Heard Museum and Phoenix Art Museum. Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is just 9 km away.
Rooms: 709 Stars: 5
Best areas to find hotels in Arizona, USA
Arizona is well-known for its stunning natural beauty, warm weather, and vibrant culture. With so much to offer, it’s no wonder why so many people are drawn to the Grand Canyon State. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or a fun family vacation, Arizona has plenty of great places to stay. Here are some of the best areas to search for a hotel in Arizona, USA.
1. Phoenix – The state capital and largest city in Arizona, Phoenix is a great place to start your hotel search. With a variety of hotels to choose from, you can find something to fit your budget and needs. From luxury resorts to more affordable lodging, there’s something for everyone in Phoenix.
2. Scottsdale – Just north of Phoenix, Scottsdale is a popular destination for tourists. Home to some of the best golf courses in the country, Scottsdale is also known for its upscale shopping, dining, and nightlife. It’s also home to some of the most luxurious hotels in the state, including the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North and the Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia.
3. Tucson – Located in the southern part of the state, Tucson is the second-largest city in Arizona. It’s known for its beautiful desert scenery, historic sites, and vibrant culture. From budget-friendly motels to luxury resorts, there’s something for everyone in Tucson. Popular hotels include the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, the Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa, and the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa.
4. Sedona – Nestled in the red rocks of Arizona’s high desert, Sedona is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts and spiritual seekers. With its stunning scenery, vibrant art scene, and unique shopping, Sedona is a great place to stay. Popular hotels include the Amara Resort & Spa, the Enchantment Resort, and the L’Auberge de Sedona.
5. Flagstaff – Located in northern Arizona, Flagstaff is a popular destination for outdoor lovers and those looking for a more laid-back vacation. With its stunning scenery, diverse wildlife, and vibrant culture, Flagstaff is a great spot for a hotel stay. Popular hotels include the Little America Hotel, the Best Western Plus Inn of Flagstaff, and the DoubleTree by Hilton Flagstaff.
No matter what kind of vacation you’re looking for, Arizona has plenty of great places to stay. From luxury resorts to budget-friendly motels, there’s something for everyone in the Grand Canyon State. With so many great places to stay, you’re sure to find the perfect hotel for your Arizona vacation.