A selection of the best five star hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands. A selection by Laura Becker
Hotel 717, a 5-star boutique accommodation, is set to open in Amsterdam in March 2022. Offering the utmost in luxury, the hotel is conveniently located 1.1 km from Heineken Experience and 1.2 km from Anne Frank House. Guests can enjoy a 24-hour front desk, concierge service, and free WiFi. Rooms come fully equipped with a wardrobe, kettle, minibar, safety deposit box, flat-screen TV, and private bathroom with shower. Bed linen and towels are provided. A delicious à la carte, continental, or Full English/Irish breakfast is available daily. Nearby attractions include Leidseplein, Rembrandtplein, and Van Gogh Museum. Schiphol Airport is 14 km away.
Rooms: 26 Stars: 5
Experience a unique stay at Pulitzer Amsterdam, one of the city’s finest five-star hotels. Set in 25 interlinked 17th and 18th century canal houses, the newly restored hotel offers luxurious accommodation with modern and traditional Dutch design. Enjoy 225 unique guest rooms, extraordinary suites and DS & Durga toiletries. Take a boat trip along the Prinsengracht and Keizersgracht canals, or dine at Restaurant Jansz. for modern-Dutch cuisine and classic dishes with a Dutch twist. Recharge at the Lobby and Pulitzer’s Garden, or sip cocktails at Pulitzer’s Bar in an effortlessly elegant atmosphere. Explore the city and its attractions, such as Anne Frank House, Dam Square and the Jordaan neighborhood, all within 15 minutes on foot. Tram stop Westermarkt is 200 metres away, offering easy access to the rest of Amsterdam and Central Station. Free WiFi is provided.
Rooms: 225 Stars: 5
Located in the heart of Amsterdam’s museum district, the Conservatorium Hotel offers luxurious, modern accommodation. This five-star property features 129 rooms and suites, all equipped with state-of-the-art technology, lavish linens, complimentary high-speed WiFi and private bars. The hotel also boasts an award-winning restaurant, Taiko, an Akasha Holistic Wellbeing spa, and the Brasserie and lounge area. Guests can also enjoy signature Asian cocktails and sushi at Taiko Bar and the in-house DJ on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing stay or to explore the city’s attractions, the Conservatorium Hotel is the perfect place to go.
Rooms: 129 Stars: 5
Best areas to find hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Amsterdam is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Netherlands, and it can be challenging to find the perfect hotel for your visit. Luckily, the city is full of great accommodations for all budgets and preferences. Here are some of the best areas to search for a hotel in Amsterdam:
1. The Jordaan: This charming neighborhood is one of the most beautiful areas in Amsterdam, and it’s filled with great hotels. The Jordaan is located in the city center, but it still offers a quiet and peaceful atmosphere. Many of the hotels here are boutique-style, and some even have their own private gardens.
2. The Canal Ring: Amsterdam’s iconic canal ring is the most popular area for tourists, and it’s filled with amazing hotels. Most of these hotels have spectacular views of the canals, and some even have their own private terraces.
3. The Museum Quarter: If you’re looking for a hotel close to some of Amsterdam’s best museums, then the Museum Quarter is the perfect place for you. This area is filled with luxury hotels, and some of them even have their own art galleries.
4. The Red Light District: The Red Light District is known for its seedy reputation, but it’s also home to some great hotels. Many of these hotels are located in former brothels, and they offer unique and interesting experiences.
5. The Old Centre: The Old Centre is the oldest part of Amsterdam, and it’s filled with historical buildings and narrow cobblestone streets. This area is full of great hotels, and many of them are located in the middle of the city’s most iconic attractions.
6. The Eastern Docklands: The Eastern Docklands is a new development in Amsterdam, and it’s filled with modern hotels. This area is perfect if you’re looking for a luxurious stay, as many of the hotels here offer great amenities and spectacular views of the harbor.
7. The Western Docklands: The Western Docklands is the opposite of the Eastern Docklands, as it’s filled with budget-friendly hotels. This area is perfect if you’re looking for a cheap stay, as many of the hotels here offer basic amenities at a great price.
No matter what your budget or preferences are, Amsterdam has a great hotel for you. With its diverse selection of accommodations, the city is the perfect place to find the perfect hotel for your visit.